Teacher, Social scientist, Nanotech Journalist, Blogger
My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
ethics and societal implications
ethics and societal implications
• Ethical. Legal and Social Issues in Nanotechnology and Regenerative Medicine: Methods and Protocols, Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.), v. 811, pp. 303-16
• Stem Cell Research, (co-edited with Lillian Forman), Edina, MN: ABDO Publishing Company, September 2007
• Criminal Liabilities, Chapter 7 in Sciarra, Jana (ed.), Nursing Malpractice: Sidestepping Legal Minefields, Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins Publishers, 1st edition, October 2002.
Articles and Reviews:
• Suffering in Silence: A Medico-legal Perspective on Palliative Sedation (Under Review)
• Case Studies: Ethical and Legal Issues in Human-Machine Mergers (or the Cyborgs Cometh), American Journal of Law, Medicine, and Ethics (forthcoming Fall 2011)
• The Moveable Feast: Legal, Ethical and Social Implications of Converging Technologies On Our Dinner Tables, Northeastern University Law Journal (forthcoming Fall 2011)
• Is It Ethical to Do Dialysis But Not Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation? (co-authored with Marcia DeWolf Bosek and Lorene Reynolds) Journal of Nursing Administration’s Healthcare Law, Ethics, & Regulation, April/June 2011, Volume 13, Issue 2, 47-52
• Dignity and Agential Realism: Human, Posthuman, and Nonhuman (co-authored with George Dvorsky) American Journal of Bioethics, Volume 10, Number 7, June 2010, 57-58
• A Review of The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, American Journal of Bioethics, Volume 9, Number 3, March 2009, 50-51(2)
• Nanotechnology: Considering the Complex Ethical, Legal, and Societal Issues with the Parameters of Human Performance, (co-authored with Jeanann S. Boyce), Nanoethics 2:265–275, 2008
• A biofriendly future: a review of Freeman Dyson’s A Many Colored Glass: Reflections on Life in the Universe, Nature Biotechnology, 26, 391, April 2008
• From Buzz Lightyear to Darth Vader: The Light Side and Dark Side of Converging Technologies: Report to the National Science Foundation on Nanotechnology and Human Enhancement.
• The Tao of Conscience: Conflict and Resolution (co-authored with Jeanann S. Boyce), American Journal of Bioethics, Volume 7, Issue 12 December 2007, 33 - 34
• At the Nexus: Augmented Cognition, Healthcare and the Law (co-authored with Jeanann S. Boyce), Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making, Volume 1, Number 3, Fall 2007, 363-373(11)
• Quality of life: An approach integrating opportunities, human needs, and subjective well-being (co-authored with Robert Costanza, et al.) Ecological Economics, Volume 61, Issues 2-3, 1 March 2007, 267-276
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
Albany Medical Center
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at email@example.com