My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
- Synthesis of new materials such as high quality metallic, magnetic and semiconductor nanocrystls (size distribution less than 4% ) of different shapes (rods, spheres, hexagonal, and triangles, tetrapods, nanochain, & nanocubes), and modification of the surface properties by capping the particles with different polymers to functionalize them for different nanotechnological applications.
- Characterization of these nanocrystals using TEM, X-ray diffraction, UV-Visible Absorption, Florescence, Raman and Step-scan FTIR measurements.
- Studying the optical properties and the ultrafast optical dynamics of these particles and their dependence on size, shape, surface properties and the surrounding matrix using femto-second spectroscopic techniques such as pump-probe and femto-second up conversion techniques
quantum dot solar cell, nanomedicine, Graphene nanocomposites, Nanomaterial for water desalination, Nanocatalysis. New and advanced materials
1. Growth mechanism of anisotropic gold nanocrystals via microwave synthesis: Formation of dioleamide by gold nanocatalysis, Mohamed, M.B., Abouzeid, K.M., Abdelsayed, V., Aljarash, A.A., El-Shall, M.S., ACS Nano 4 (5), (2010) pp. 2766
2. Characterization of core/shell (Ag/CdSe) nanostructure using photoacoustic spectroscopy, Okasha, A.M., Mohamed, M.B., Abdallah, T., Basily, A.B., Negm, S., Talaat, H., Journal of Physics: Conference Series 214, (2010) art. no. 012131
3. A.C. and D.C. conductivity of NiZn ferrite nanoparticles in wet and dry conditions, S.A. Saafan, T.M. Meaz, E.H. El-Ghazzawy, M.K. El-Nimr, M.M. Ayad, M. Bakr, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 322 (2010) 2369–2374
4. Rapid and sensitive microplate assay for screeing the effect of silver and gold nanoparticles on Bactria, Nanomedicine, Rehab Amin, Mona B. Mohamed, Marwa A. Ramadan, Thomas Verwanger, Barbra Kammer, 2009, 4, 637
5. Convenient approach of nanohydroxyapatite polymeric matrix composites, A. Mostafa, H. Oudadesse, M. B. Mohamed, Y. legal and E. Foad; Chem. Eng. J. 153 (2009) 187–192
6. Shape Controlled Gold Nanocrystals via Microwave Synthesis: Does Oleic Acid Control the Shape? Mona B. Mohamed, Victor Abdelsayed, Khaled M. AbouZeid, Ahlam A. Aljarash and M. Samy El-Shall, Nanoletter, accepted, 2008
7. Structural characterization of chemically synthesized CdSe nanoparticles M.F. Kotkata, A.E. Masoud, M.B. Mohamed, E.A. Mahmoud, Physica E, 2009, 41, 640
8. Synthesis and Structural characterization of CdS nanoparticles, M.F. Kotkata, A.E. Masoud, M.B. Mohamed, E.A. Mahmoud, Physica E, 2009, 41, 1457
9. The Sensitivity of the Band Gap Energy to Changes in the Dimensions of the CdSe Quantum Rods: STM and Theoretical Studies H. Talaat, T. Abdallah, M. B. Mohamed, S. Negm and Mostafa A. El-Sayed* Chemical Physical Letter (Chemical Physical Letter, 2009, 473, 288.
10. Photothermal Efficiency of Gold nanorods in controlling microorganism in water, Amira A. El-Adel, Waled M. El-Senosy, Farag A. Samhan, and Mona B. Mohamed, Journal of Applied Science Research, 2008, 4, 1811
11. Effect of aging peroid on the structural characterization of fresh and thermally annealled CdS nanoparticles, M.F. Kotkata, A.E. Masoud, M.B. Mohamed, E.A. Mahmoud, Chalcogenide Letters , 2008, 5, 209.
12. Multimodal size and shape distribution of ripened CdSe nanocrystals
Dino Tonti , Mona B. Mohamed, Awos Al-Salman, Philip Pattison, and Majed Chergui, Chemistry of Materials, 2008, 20, 1331
13. Shape and size dependence of the surface plasmon resonance of gold nanoparticles studied by Photoacoustic technique. T.A. El-Brolossy, T. Abdallah , Mona B. Mohamed, S.Abdallah, , K. Easawi , S. Negm and H. Talaat , European Physical Journal ST 153, 361 (2008)
14. Photoacoustic characterization of optical and thermal properties of CdSe quantum dots.T.A. El- Brolossy, S. Abdallah, T. Abdallah, Mona B. Mohamed, S. Negm and H. Talaat , European Physical Journal ST 153, 365 (2008)
15. Photoacoustic spectroscopy characterization of CdSe quantum rods. T.A. El- Brolossy, S. Abdallah, M. B. Mohamed, T. Abdallah, H. Awad, S. Negm and H. Talaat , European Physical Journal ST 153, 369 (2008)
16. Temperature effects on the spectral properties of colloidal CdSe nanodots, nanorods, and tetrapods A. Al Salman, A. Tortschanoff, M. B. Mohamed, D. Tonti, F. van Mourik, and M. Chergui , Applied Physics Letters 90 (2007) 093104
17. Femtosecond Polarization Relaxation of CdSe Nanocrystal,A. Tortschanoff, A. Al Salman, D. Tonti, M. Mohamed, G. van der Zwan, F. van Mourik, and M. Chergui, AIP Conference Proceedings 893 (2007) 971-972.
18. Synthesis of High Quality Zinc-Blende CdSe Nanocrystals, M. B. Mohamed, D. Tonti, A. Al-Salman, A. Chemseddine and M. Chergui, J. Phys. Chem. B. 2005, 109, 1533.
19. Chemical Synthesis and optical properties of size selected CdSe Tetrapod shaped Nanocrystals, M. B. Mohamed, D. Tonti, A. Al Salman and M. Chergui ChemPhysChem 2005, 6, 2505.
20. Spectral and Dynamical Characterization of Multiexcitons in colloidal CdSe Semiconductor Quantum Dots, C. Bonati, M. B. Mohamed, D. Tonti, G. Zgrablic, S. Haacke, F. van Mourik and M. Chergui, Physical Review B: 71, 205317, 2005.
21. Femtosecond excitation dynamics in gold nanospheres and nanorods, O.P. Varnavaski, T. Goodson III, Mona. B. Mohamed, M. A. El-Sayed, Physical Rev. B, 72, 235405, 2005
22. Relative Enhancement of Ultrafast Emission in Gold Nanorods Varnavski, Oleg P.; Mohamed, Mona B.; El-Sayed, Mostafa A.; Goodson, Theodore, III. Journal of Physical Chemistry B (2003), 107(14), 3101-3104
23. Some properties of spherical and rod-shaped semiconductor and metal nanocrystals Landes, Christy F.; Link, Stephan; Mohamed, Mona B; Nikoobakht, Babak; Ei-Sayed, Mostafa A. Pure and Applied Chemistry (2002), 74(9), 1675-1692.
24. The Relaxation Pathways of CdSe Nanoparticles Monitored With Femtosecond Time Resolution From The Visible To The Ir Assignment Of The Transient Features By Carrier Quenching, Clemens Burda, Stephan Link, Mona Mohamed & Mostafa El-Sayed, Journal of Physical Chemistry B (2001), 105(49), 12286-12292.
25. The Pump Power Dependence of The Femtosecond Relaxation of CdSe Nanoparticles Observed In The Spectral Range From Visible To Infrared, Clemens Burda, Stephan Link, Mona Mohamed & Mostafa El-Sayed,J. Chemical Physics (2002), 116(9), 3828-3833.
26. Shape Dependent Ultrafast Relaxation Dynamics of CdSe Nanocrystals: Nanorods vs Nanodots, Mona Mohamed, Clemens Burda, Mostafa E-Sayed, Nano Letters, (2001), 1(11), 589-593.
27. Hot Electron and Phonon Dynamics of Gold Nanoparticles Embedded In a Gel Matrix, Mona B. Mohamed, Temer Ahmadi, Stephan Link, Markus Braun, Mostafa A. El-Sayed, Chemical Physical Letters, 343, 55 (2001).
28. Femtosecond Time Resolved Electron-Hole Dynamics and Radiative Transition in The Double-Layer Quantum Well of CdS/(HgS)2/ CdS Quantum Dot-Quantum Well Nanoparticles, Markus Braun, Clemens Burda, Mona B. Mohamed, M. A. El-Sayed, Phys. Rev B, 64, 035317-1-7, 2001.
29. Hot Electron Relaxation Dynamics of Gold Nanoparticles Embedded in MgSO4 Powder Compared To Solution: The Effect of The Surrounding Medium, Stephan Link, Arkihiro Furuube, Mona B. Mohamed, Tsuoshi Asahi, and Mostafa El-Sayed, Journal of Physical Chemistry B (2002), 106(5), 945-955.
30. The “Lightning” Gold Nanorods: Fluorescence Enhancement of over a Million Compared to the Gold Metal, Mona B. Mohamed, Victor Volkov, Stephan Link and Mostafa A. El-Sayed, Chem. Phys. Letters, 317,517 (2000).
31. Femtosecond Transient Absorption Dynamics of Colloidal Gold Nanorods: Shape Independence of the Electron-Phonon Relaxation Time. S. Link, C. Burda, M. B. Mohamed, B. Nikoobakht and M. A. El-Sayed. Phys. Rev. B, 61,6086 (2000).
32. Temperature Dependence Size-controlled Nucleation and Growth of Gold Nanoclusters. Mona B. Mohamed, Zhong L. Wang, and Mostafa A. El-Sayed. J. Phys. Chem. A, 103, 10255 (1999).
33. Crystallografic Facets and Shapes of Gold Nanorods of Different Aspect Ratios. Z. L. Wang, M. B. Mohamed & M. A. El-Sayed. Surface Science Letters, 440, L809-L814 (1999).
34. Simulation of The Optical Absorption Spectra of Gold Nanorods as a Function of Their Aspect Ratios and The Effect of The Medium Dielectric Constant. S. Link, M. B. Mohamed, and M. A. El-Sayed. J. Phys. Chem. B, 103, 3073 (1999).
35. Laser Photothermal Melting and Fragmentation of Gold Nanorods: Energy and Laser Pulse-Width Dependence. S. Link, C. Burda, M. B. Mohamed, B. Nikobakht, and M. A. El-Sayed. J. Phys. Chem. A, 103, 1165 (1999).
36. Thermal Reshaping of Gold Nanorods in Micelles. Mona B. Mohamed, Kamal Z. Ismail, Stephan Link, and Mostafa A. El-Sayed. J. Phys. Chem. B, 102, 9370 (1998).
37. Charge Transfer Interaction of Crown Thioethers with -Electron Acceptors. M. M. A. Hamed, A. M. El-Nady. Mona B. Mohamed and M. R. Mahmoud, Phosph., Sulfur & Silicon, 83, 183, 1993.
38. Molecular Complexes of Macrocyclic Polyamines with -Electron Acceptors. M. M. A. Hamed. Mona B. Mohamed and M. R. Mahmoud, Spectroscopy Letters, 28, 29 (1995).
39. Charge Transfer Molecular Complexes of Thians with and -Electron Acceptors. Maher. M. A. Hamed,. Mona B. Mohamed and Mohamed. R. Mahmoud. Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn., 67, 2006 (1994).
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
Dear Dr Mona
A new marketing plan for Egypt Nanotech is to be established to match Nanopaprika platform. Tomorrow Nov 22nd I have a meeting with Dr Dahshan, Abu-Zaghla at 12 , will you be able to join us ?
Address in EAID , 22 Iraq st.
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at email@example.com