Free live broadcast available online in the conference website: http://www.cinn.es/symposium-grand-challenges-facing-materials-communityProgramme: 9:30 – 10:15 Optomechanics of nano-objects. Challenges and perspectives in Physics and Biology. (Prof. Manuel Nieto-Vesperinas, ICMM-CSIC)Abstract: In this talk, a flying view on the control of matter manipulation through light induced forces will…See More
My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
The research interest of Hani Abdelhamid is focused broadly on science and technology at the nanoscale to push scientific boundaries in diverse areas of biochemistry, biology, biomedicine biotechnology, nanocatalysis and laser based analytical. The main thrusts are concentrated on six topics as below:
1) Nanotechnology: synthesis, characterization and applications.
3) Nano-Biomedicine and Nano-Biotechnology.
5) Metallodrug-protein interactions using Nanomaterials based- laser analytical tools.
6) Biosensor based on nanomaterials for pathogenic bacteria and biomolecules.
Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine
Conferences and workshop
1. 1st MATsynCELL workshop, Material and environmental department, Arrhenius laboratory, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
2. The 4th Virtual Nanotechnology Poster Conference, 14-18 April 2014.
3. Preparation and antibacterial performance of graphene decorated with stannous dioxide”, Materials Today: Biomaterials virtual conference. Poster ref: MT13110114, 19th November, 2013, Oxford, UK.
4. Electron Microscopy (EMC) workshop, 15th November, 2013, Magneli Hall, Arrehinius laboratory, Stockholm University, Sweden
5. Prospects in controlled uptake, delivery and release” October 24, 2013, Aula Magna at Stockholm University, Sweden
6. Trends in Materials and Surface Chemistry” October 23, 2013 in Aula Magna at Stockholm University, Sweden
7. Graphene magnetic nanosheet@chitosan for pathogenic bacteria biosensing, 3rd Virtual Nanotechnology Poster Conference, Ref. P13-03, Top 1 poster ranking. (http://www.nanopaprika.eu/group/poster2013/page/p13-03)
8. Chitosan nanomagnets for effective extraction and sensitive mass
spectrometric detection of pathogenic bacterial endotoxin from human urine. 4th AOMSC & 10th TSMS Annual Conference at Taipei International Convention Center (TICC), on July 10-12, 2013, Republic of China (ROC, Taiwan).
9. Ionic liquid matrices (ILM) for effective pathogenic bacteria analysis. 4th AOMSC & 10th TSMS Annual Conference at Taipei International Convention Center (TICC), on July 10-12, 2013, Republic of China (ROC, Taiwan).
10. A method to detect metal-drug complexes and their interactions with pathogenic bacteria via graphene nanosheet assist laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry and biosensors. Poster (Poster Ref.MT1031), Second Materials Today–Frontiers of Microscopy Virtual Conference, 24th-26th April 2013, Material today & Bruker.
11. A method to detect metal-drug complexes and their interactions with pathogenic bacteria via graphene nanosheet assist laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry and biosensors.101 Annual meeting of Chinese chemical society 2012, China.
12. 3rd conference for young researchers, Basic Science & Technology, Assuit, 19-20th April 2011, Egypt.
13. HPLC Training and workshop, Assuit university, Egypt & Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, USA, 21-22th Augest 2010, Egypt.
1. J. Mater. Chem. B, 2013, 1, 2533-2534, DOI: 10.1039/C3TB90043F.
1. Hani Nasser Abdelhamid, Hui-Fen Wu, A method to detect metal-drug complexes and their interactions with pathogenic bacteria via graphene nanosheet assist laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry and biosensors, Analytica. Chimica. Acta, 751 (2012) 94– 104. (IF4.555, 5/73, 6.85%, Biochemical research methods).
2. Hui-Fen Wu, Judy Gopal, Hani Nasser Abdelhamid, Nazim Hasan, Quantum dot applications endowing novelty to analytical proteomics, Proteomics. 2012, 12, 2949–2961. (IF4.815, 13/71, 18.31%, Biochemical research methods).
3. Ramaiyan Sekar, Suresh Kailasa, Hani Nasser Abdelhamid, Yuan-Chin Chen and Hui-Fen Wu, Probing the metal complexation reaction of tobramycin with copper (II) and iron (III) ions by electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 2013, 338, 23–29. (IF2.549, 14/41, 34.15%, Spectroscopy).
4. Hani Nasser Abdelhamid, Judy Gopal, Hui-Fen Wu, Synthesis and application of ionic liquid matrices (ILMs) for effective pathogenic bacteria analysis in matrix assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI-MS), Analytica.Chimica.Acta.2013.767, 104–111. (IF4.555, 5/73, 6.85%, Biochemical research methods).
5. Judy Gopal, Hani Nasser Abdelhamid, Peiyan Yang Hua, Hui-Fen Wu. Chitosan nanomagnets for effective extraction and sensitive mass
spectrometric detection of pathogenic bacterial endotoxin from human urine. Journal of material chemistry B, 2013, 1, 2463-2475 (IF5.968, 16/225, 7.11%, Materials Science, Multidisciplinary). (Featured on the Journal back Cover, A journal in Biology and Medicine).
6. Hani Nasser Abdelhamid, Hui-Fen Wu, Multifunction of graphene magnetic particles coated with chitosan for bacterial analysis using MALDI-MS and fluorescence spectroscopy. Journal of material chemistry B, 2013, 1 (32), 3950 - 3961 (IF 6.101, 16/225, 7.11%, Materials Science, Multidisciplinary).
7. Hani Nasser Abdelhamid, Hui-Fen Wu, Fuoric and Mefenamic acids as a new matrices for UV-MALDI-MS, Talanta, 2013, 115, 442–450. (IF 3.794, 12/73, 16.44%, Chemistry, Analytical)
8. Hani Nasser Abdelhamid, M.Sc. Thesis “Applications of Nanomaterials and Organic Semiconductors for Bacteria & Biomolecules analysis/ biosensing using Laser Analytical Spectroscopy”. National Sun-Yat Sen University, ROC, July 2013.
9. Hani Nasser Abdelhamid, Hui-Fen Wu, Probing the Interaction Between Chitosan Capped CdS Quantum Dots and Pathogenic Bacteria and their Biosensing Application, Journal of Material Chemistry B, 2013, 1, 6094-6106 (IF 6.101, 16/225, 7.11%, Materials Science, Multidisciplinary).
11. Hani Nasser Abdelhamid, Hui-Fen Wu*, Polymer dots for quantifying the total hydrophobic pathogenic lysates in a single drop. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (Elsevier), 2014, 115, 51–60 (IF3.55).
12. Muthu Manikandan, Hani Nasser Abdelhamid, Abu Talib, Hui-Fen Wu*, Facile synthesis of gold nanohexagons on graphene templates in Raman spectroscopy for biosensing cancer and cancer stem cells, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2014, 55, 180–186. (IF5.602, 1/26, 3.85%, Electrochemistry, 4/73, 5.48%, Chemistry, Analytical).
14. Hani Nasser Abdelhamid, Hui-Fen Wu*, Ultrasensitive, rapid and selective detection of mercury using graphene assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry, Journal of The American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 2014, . (IF3.594)
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
Assuit university, Egypt
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at email@example.com