My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
My research area is synthesis of noble metals nanoparticles (Cu, Ag and Au) in silica matrixes (powder and thin mesoporous film) by means of photochemical and/or thermal reduction of appropriate ions. The alloy, core-shell and island-like structures of bimetallic nanoparticles is obtained also in colloids. I have investigated non-linear properties of bimetallic nanoparticles in colloids under action of femptosecond pulse laser irradiation; bactericide activity of Ag-Au/silica suspensions; and photocatalytic activity mono- and bimetallic nanoparticles in the process of organic pollutants destruction. My latest research, when I have worked in University of Notre Dame (US), was connected with the synthesis of semiconductors CuInS2, Cu2S, CdTe, CdSe, CdS (nanowires and nanorods) by solution-liquid-solid microwave assisted and conventional (with hot injection) methods for further investigation and application in solar cells energy storage and nanoelectronic devices.
synthesis, properties and investigation of nano semiconductors
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
1. A.M. Eremenko, N.P. Smirnova, I.P. Mukha, and H.R. Yashan. Silver and gold nanoparticles in silica matrices: synthesis, properties, and application // Theoretical and Experimental Chemistry, 2010, Vol. 46, № 2, P. 65 – 88.
2. I.O. Shmarakov, M.M. Marchenko, I.P. Mukha, H.R. Yashan, N.P. Smirnova, A.M. Eremenko. Cyto- and genotoxic influence of silver and gold based colloidal nanodrugs on the primary cells. Biological systems, 2010, Vol. 2, № 4, P. 13 – 20. (Ukrainian).
3. H.R. Yashan, O.P. Linnik, A.M. Eremenko, N.P. Smirnova. Photosensibilized degradation of tetracycline hydrochloride over silica films modified with silver and gold nanoparticles // Chemistry, Physics and Technology of Surface, N.Kartel (eds.). – Kyiv, 2009, V. 15, P. 246 – 254. (Ukrainian).
4. H. Yashan, A. Eremenko, N. Smirnova, G. Krylova, W. Huang, C. Tabor. Optical spectra and morphology of photochemically produced Ag/Au bimetallic clusters // NATO Science for Peace and Security Series – C: Environmental Security. “Sol-Gel Methods for Materials Processing. Focusing on Materials for Pollution Control, Water Purification, and Soil Remediation”. / P. Innocenzi, Yu. Zub, V. Kessler (Eds.), 2008, P. 473 – 480.
5. G. Yashan, G. Krylova, A. Eremenko, N. Smirnova, V. Zhalko-Tytarenko, V. Marievskiy, I. Chekman. Bactericide properties of gold and silver in solution and on high disperse silica surface// Chemistry, Physics and Technology of Surface, N.Kartel (eds.). – Kyiv, 2008, V. 14, P. 524 – 533. (Ukrainian).
6. G. R. Yashan, A. M. Eremenko, N. P. Smirnova, S. Suzer, G. Ertas, and Ch. Tabor. Morphology and optical properties of thin silica films containing bimetallic Ag/Au nanoparticles // Theoretical and Experimental Chemistry, 2008, Vol. 44, № 6, P. 356 – 361.
7. G. Krylova, H. Yashan, J. Hauck, P. Burns, P. McGinn, Chongzheng Na. Microwave-Assisted Growth of Defect-Free Nanowires in Solution // Nano Letters IN PRINT
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
A. Eremenko, N. Smirnova, Institute of Surface Chemistry (National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine), Surface Photonics Laboratory
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at email@example.com