My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites
Nanodevices and nanomaterials applications
1. Iftikhar Ahmad, Michael Fay, Yongde Xia, Xianghui Hou, Andrew Kennedy and Yanqiu Zhu, Fe-Assisted Synthesis of Silicon Nanowires, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2009, 113 (4), pp 1286–1292.
2. Iftikhar Ahmad, Michael Fay, Andrew Kennedy and YanQui Zhu, Multi-walled carbon nanotubes reinforcing Al2O3 nanocomposites: Mechanical properties and interfacial investigations, manuscript accepted in Journal of Composite Science and Technology, Volume 70, Issue 8, August 2010, Pages 1199-1206.
3. Iftikhar Ahmad, Hongzhi Cao, Huahui Chen, Huiyou Zhao, Andrew Kennedy and Yan Qiu Zhu, Carbon nanotube toughened aluminium oxide nanocomposite, J. European. Ceramic Society. Volume 30, Issue 4, March 2010, Pages 865-873 2010.
4. Ahmad I., Kennedy A. and Zhu Y. Q., Wear resistance properties of multi-walled carbon nanotubes reinforced Al2O3 nanocomposite, Wear, Volume 269, Issues 1-2, 20 May 2010, Pages 71-78.
5. Yimin Zhao, Charles W. Dunnill, Yanqiu Zhu, Duncan H. Gregory, Walter Kockenberger, Yanhui Li, Weibing Hu, Iftikhar Ahmad, and David G. McCartney, Low-temperature magnetic properties of hematite Nanorods, Chem. Mater., 2007, 19 (4), pp 916–921.
6. Zhao, Y. M. Li, Y. H. Ahmad, I. McCartney, D. G. Zhu, Y. Q. Hu, W. B. Two-dimensional tungsen oxide nanowire networks, Applied Physics Letters, 2006, 89, 13, 133116 - 133116-3
7. Y M Zhao, Y H Li, Y Z Jin, X P Zhang, W B Hu, I Ahmad, G McCartney, Y Q Zhu1 Growth and characterization of Cu-catalyzed ZnO nanowires, Journal of Physics,61 (2007) 703–707.
8. Y. H. Li, Y. M. Zhao, W. B. Hu, I. Ahmad, Y. Q. Zhu, X. J. Peng, Z. K. Luan, Carbon nanotubes – the promising adsorbent in wastewater treatment, Journal of Physics,61 (2007) 698–702.
International conference proceedings:
1. Iftikhar Ahmad, Hongzhi Cao, Huahui Chen, Andrew Kennedy, Huiyou Zhao and Yanqiu Zhu, Carbon nanotubes-reinforcing MgO doped Al2O3 nanocomposites, ECCM13: 13th European Conference on Composite Materials, Stockholm, Sweden, 2008.
2. Iftikhar Ahmad, Andrew Kennedy and Yanqiu Zhu, Effects of Y2O3 on the mechanical Properties and Microstructure of Carbon Nanotube-Reinforced Al2O3 Nanocomposite, Junior EUROMAT, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2008.
3. I. Ahmad, Y. Zhu, Y. Zhao, A. Kennedy and D. G. McCartney, Development of well-Dispersed Carbon Nanotube-Reinforced Al2O3 nanocomposite, EUROMAT 2007, Nuremberg, Germany.
4. Iftikhar Ahmad, Yimin Zhao, Andrew Kennedy and Yanqiu Zhu, “Manufacturing and characterization of multi-walled carbon nanotube reinforced Al2O3 nanocomposite”, In the proceedings of IBCAST, Pakistan, 2008.
5. Iftikhar Ahmad, Andrew Kennedy and Yanqiu Zhu, Mechanical properties and interfacial investigations of carbon nanotube reinforced Al2O3 nanocomposites, ICCM-17, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, July 2009.
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at email@example.com