- Position: Postdoctoral researcher with experience in Chemical Synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials
- Reference: ARDITI-CQM/2019/011-PDG
- Position Type: Research Grant
- Funding Entity: ARDITI (Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação Tecnologia e Inovação)
- Place of Work: CQM (Centro de Química da Madeira) - Madeira Island, Portugal
- Host Institution: CQM (Centro de Química da Madeira) - Madeira Island, Portugal
- Scientific Areas: Chemistry, Materials Science, Materials Chemistry.
- Salary: € 1 509.80 (Postdoctoral Grant) free of taxes; ARDITI postdoctoral stipend and regulations are determined by ‘FCT-Fundação para a Ciência Tecnologia’ (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores.phtml.pt).
- Supervisor: João Rodrigues.
- Available Positions: 1
- Required Degree: Ph.D.
- Areas of the required degree: Chemistry or Materials Science.
- Required Experience:
Candidates for this position (“Postdoctoral Grant”) should have expertise in chemical synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials, less than 3 years after Ph.D., a strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team, very good communication skills and ability to meet deadlines. Experience in the synthesis, characterization and functionalization of dendrimers, as well as on in vitro biological evaluation of nanomaterials will be valued in the evaluation process.
Candidates will be evaluated and ranked based on their Curriculum Vitae (maximum 50 points), research activity (scientific/technological production; maximum 20 points), and research proposal (maximum 30 points).
Evaluation Pannel: João Rodrigues (President), Helena Tomás (Member), José Câmara (Substitute Member), Rui Caldeira (Ph.D. - Member).
- The candidate will have the following main specific responsibilities:
- Development of scientific research under the topic: Synthesis, characterization and biological evaluation of nanomaterials;
- Development of new nanomaterials (e.g. polymers) to be used as delivery systems for conventional and nonconventional drugs;
- Preparation of technical reports and scientific publications;
- Participation in general CQM activities, such as science spreading and conference/course organization.
- CV - Curriculum Vitae / Résumé - with the ORCID number, RESEARCHID and SCOPUS AUTHOR ID;
- Complete List of Publications;
- Qualification Certificate - in Portuguese or translated into English and certified;
- Research Proposal - brief research proposal (maximum 5000 characters) according the workplan;
- Relevant Supporting Documents;
- 2 Referee (Contact information) - email address, professional telephone number, and address;
- Summary of the scientific and curricular path - with a selection of the main activities and results achieved in the last three years.
Deadline: 2020-01-31 17:00:00 (GTM/UTC + 0)
Applications should be submitted in English by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The specific reference to the call must be indicated in the email subject. The applicants should submit a single pdf file containing all the required documents.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation.
Note: The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.