The Swiss Nanoscience Institute (SNI) has eight open positions for PhD candidates in the framework of its PhD Program. We are looking for outstanding PhD candidates eager to engage in research
activities addressing the cutting edge scientific and interdisciplinary approach of Nanoscience and Technology. The research projects root in disciplines such as physics, chemistry, biology, medicine
and engineering. The titles of the supported projects are shown below. The earliest start date for selected candidates will be January 1st, 2015.
Applications completed by Sept. 30th, 2014 will receive full consideration.
Further information about the PhD projects and the application procedure is available under http://phd.nanoscience.ch.
1. Targeted single cell proteomics using magnetic nanoparticles to study prion‐like spreading of amyloid nanoparticles.
2. Lightweight structures based on hierarchical composites.
3. Tailor‐Made Proteins and Peptides for Quantum Interference Experiments.
4. Selective Transport of Functionalized Nanocarriers into Biomimetic and Natural Nuclear Pore Complexes.
5. Surface‐Functionalization of diamond nano‐magnetometers for applications in nano‐ and life sciences.
6. Charge Transfer versus Charge Transport in Molecular Systems.
7. Coupling a single ion to a nanomechanical oscillator.
8. Clean Zigzag and Armchair Graphene Nanoribbons.