Pixelligent Technologies, a Baltimore-based Advanced Materials company, is in search of Summer Chemistry intern. This is an excellent opportunity for enrolled chemistry students to gain experience and knowledge of the nanotechnology industry. The Summer Chemistry Intern will assist senior employees to accomplish Pixelligent’s technical goals, and perform other duties as may be assigned by a supervisor.
Responsibilities may include:
- Complete and document projects in product development environment.
- Perform laboratory chemical processes.
- Produce and record accurate data for research and development projects.
- Follow written procedures, and assist product development team in creating and maintaining written procedures.
- Meet laboratory safety, sample labeling, and housekeeping requirements.
- Assisting or performing analytical routine testing in support of product development.
- Perform physical testing and scientific calculations.
- Candidate must have completed at least two years of studies toward BS/BA degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Knowledge of basic chemistry.
- Careful and detail oriented.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment.
- Sufficient computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.).
This is a PAID internship and ideal candidates should be able to work at least 10 hours per week - more if possible. When applying for this role, please include your summer availability in your cover letter (dates of summer break, hours available, etc).