Experimental scientist with laboratory based experience, in DoE and data acquisition for materials characterisation.
Experimental scientist with laboratory based experience, in DoE and data acquisition for materials characterisation. Eagerness to help develop brand new measurement methods to explore functional material.
An experimental scientist with laboratory based experience, in the design of experiments and data acquisition for materials characterisation. The candidate will have a BSc, Masters or a PhD in Materials Science, Physics or Materials Engineering related disciplines and will be eager to help develop brand new measurement methods to explore functional materials.
Key skills and experience required
- Excellent understanding of the behaviour of functional materials, from the underlying physics to the influence of geometry, dimensions and operating conditions on the behaviour of the materials and the performance.
- Industrial liaison to develop measurement methods that determine the properties of the materials for the conditions of use.
- Design, build, testing and accreditation of the measurement methods established.
- Ability to adapt and apply knowledge to new challenges.
- Eagerness to help develop brand new measurement methods to explore functional material.
- Plan and deliver projects.
- Contribute to the underpinning technical knowledge in thermoelectric materials and their applications.
- Capacity to produce practical plans for innovative ideas and explore concepts.
- Interpretation of the needs of a challenge and development of a technical approach for a solution.
- Proven ability to deliver projects to time, quality and customer satisfaction.
- In-depth knowledge of materials science.
- Capability to lead industry focused solutions, concept through to the delivery of the results.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent team working and relationship skills are essential.
- Problem-solving ability to define research that will reach a resolution.
- Strong planning and organising skills.
Candidates will be highly technically and academically qualified. Only applications supported by a covering letter detailing how you are suited to the role will be considered.
This role is for a duration of 3 years.
We offer competitive salaries, a wealth of career opportunities and a wide range of benefits.
NPL is based in a unique research environment which is located in pleasant surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park in South West London. We have a host of onsite facilities including a subsidised crèche, restaurant, and a sports and social club.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting their people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities.