The Nanoscience and Advanced Materials group of Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering is looking for a highly motivated and talented Postdoctoral Researcher to join their research work.
Your responsibility as a Postdoctoral Researcher is to conduct high quality research, propose your own research ideas and to be an active member of the research group by taking part in project management duties and guiding M.Sc. and Doctoral students.
- Professor Harri Lipsanen leads the Nanoscience and Advanced Materials group (NAMI), which studies the fabrication, processing and characterization of graphene and other 2D materials for several application areas such as selected nanoelectronic and photonic devices. Other nanomaterials studied include compound semiconductor nanowires for optoelectronics and thin layers fabricated by atomic layer deposition. The NAMI research group carries out research in the Micronova-building, the largest academic clean room facility in the Nordics. The group has access to state-of-the art characterisation and fabrication techniques for working with graphene and 2D semiconductors.
- PhD degree in physics, nanosciences or material sciences is favorable for the position
- Proven track record in scientific research
- Excellent knowledge of nanomaterials, especially graphene and related 2D materials
- Good command of English is necessary
SALARY AND CONTRACT TERMS
Postdoctoral Researcher position will be filled for 1–3 years. The expected starting salary is approximately 3500 €/month, depending on experience and qualifications. The contract includes occupational health benefits, holiday bonus, and Finland has a comprehensive social security system. Preferable starting time is Spring 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply through the Apply for this job link below and include the following attachments:
- Application letter
- Course transcripts of Doctoral degree with grades and Certificate of Doctoral degree
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications with the most significant publications highlighted
- Research statement describing past research and plans for future research
Deadline for applications is March 31, 2017 but we will start reviewing candidates immediately. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
For additional information, please contact Professor Harri Lipsanen, firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information on recruitment process, please contact HR Secretary Akseli Kohtamaki, e-mail email@example.com.
ABOUT AALTO UNIVERSITY, CAMPUS AND FINLAND
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 20 000 students and more than 400 professors. As a living and work environment, Finland consistent ranks high in quality-of-life. Get to know more of Finland here.