The Munich-based Center for NanoScience (CeNS) is looking for highly motivated PhD students and postdocs who are interested in multidisciplinary research and want to join our collaborative network of nanoscientists. We offer excellent research conditions and multidisciplinary education within the stimulating scientific environment of CeNS, the Nanosystems Initiative Munich (NIM), and several Collaborative Research Centers. You will work in cutting-edge research fields at LMU Munich, Technische Universität München, and the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry. The PhD and postdoc positions will start between May and October 2016.
- Motor proteins studied at the single molecule level
- Recreating the Origin of Life with Non-Equilibrium Chemistry
- Automated electrophysiology/patch clamp on cells and characterization of ion channels
- Nano-Bionics with Single Molecules
- Charge transport in organic semiconductors
- Opto-Mechanics of Single Enzyme Molecules
- Synthetic biology /protein engineering
- DNA-based Superlattices
Working language is English. There are no tuition fees. Positions are fully funded, salary is according to the German TV-L.
Closing date is February 8, 2016. Only online applications will be accepted.
Further information and details about the application process and the available research projects can be found on www.cens.de/careers/international-call-for-phd-students-and-postdocs.
Dr. Susanne Hennig
Center for NanoScience