OCE Postdoctoral Fellowship - Hybrid Organic/Inorganic Solar Cell Research
- Launch your research career at CSIRO
- Focus on world-class science
- Join our team at CSIRO – Australia’s premier science and technology research organisation!
The Position: CSIRO offers PhD graduates an opportunity to launch their scientific careers through our Office of the Chief Executive (OCE) Postdoctoral Fellowships. Successful applicants will work with leaders in the field of science and receive personal development and learning opportunities.
CSIRO Manufacturing Flagship is seeking to appoint a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow with a strong background in optoelectronic device physics and nanofabrication to support our technology development efforts. The postdoctoral fellow will take an active role in developing and executing scientific strategies that enable us to reach our scientific goals. The candidate will work in a multidisciplinary team where he/she will also be involved in the co-supervision of PhD students. On a day-to-day basis the successful candidate will be involved in the fabrication and spectroscopic and microscopic characterisation of thin-film solar cells.Specifically you will:
- Under the direction of senior research scientists, carry out innovative, high-impact research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Assemble and test hybrid organic/inorganic thin film solar cells (e.g. based on lead halid perovskites.
- Develop novel solar cells architectures.
- Undertake regular reviews of relevant literature and patents.
Location: Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Salary: $78K to $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation (pension fund)
Tenure: Up to 3 years
To be considered you will hold a PhD (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as such as physics, chemistry, nanotechnology, materials science and optoelectronics.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience in the fabrication and characterisation of optoelectronic devices.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of nanotechnology or nanofabrication.
- A solid theoretical background in the area of photovoltaics.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability and willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
Owing to terms of the fellowship, candidates must not have more than 3 years of relevant Postdoctoral experience.
About CSIRO: Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities across the nation. Find out more! www.csiro.au
About CSIRO Manufacturing Flagship: The Manufacturing Flagship is developing cleaner advanced materials and technologies to enable manufacturers to secure a competitive and sustainable future which contributes strongly to national productivity, economic growth and societal wellbeing.
Applications are open to Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents and International candidates. Relocation assistance will be provided if required.
Applications close 30 November 2014 (11:30pm AEST)