The next edition of the event dedicated to nanotechnologies, where research meets business, will take place in Rome the 14th and 15th September.
Milan, May 2011 – From a recent survey by INAIL (The Workers Compensation Authority) we note how nanotechnologies and nanomaterials are destined to enter in our everyday life and to revolutionize most of the productive processes.
Worldwide data are clear:
- By 2020, about 20% of products manufactured all around the world will exploit a certain quantity of nanotechnologies
- Today nanomaterials are present in 1.317 products. In 2005 they were 54.
- The value of “nano-products” in 2007 reached 147 billions dollars and now much more industries use nanotechnologies. It’s estimated that this data can reach 3.000 billions dollars by 2020.
- In 2020 about 6 millions workers all around the world will be employed in nanotechnologies. In 2008 they were 400.000; the annual worldwide growth race is estimated to be 25%.
Regarding Italy, our country has about 200 structures employed in “Research and Development” on nanotechnologies, among them 57% refers to public institutions and 43% to private companies. *
The seventh edition of nanoforum, 14th and 15th September at Sapienza University of Rome, represents the very opportunity to know the state of art in Italy and abroad, to know the latest industrial applications and to anticipate the new progresses, thanks to a wide conference program and to a specialized expo-area.
Thanks to the contribution of institutions, exhibitors and sponsor, the participation to nanoforum is completely free of charge, prior subscription at the link www.nanoforum.it/registration.
For further information and updating, visit the website www.nanoforum.it/en.
* Source: “Libro bianco sulle nanotecnologie”, INAIL, April 2011