The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften – ISAS – e.V. is located in Dortmund and Berlin.
Besides scientific activities in the development of new or improved measuring methods and analytical separation techniques as well as spectroscopy and spectrometric equipment in modern analysis, research is undertaken in the areas of spectroscopic methods and analytical contributions to solving problems in the fields of materials and life sciences.
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften – ISAS- invite applications for the following position
Head of a young investigators group
“CARS microscopy and microfluidics” (m/f)
(Reference number 32/2014-1)
As a leader of a junior research team in the department of Bioanalytics in Dortmund you will be responsible for:
- Setting up and establishing the research team
- Developing multi-method based analytical strategies for measuring complex metabolites and enzyme activities in small volumes
- Developing micro-preparative purification processes with integrated in-situ analysis
- Coordinating the collaboration with project partners
- Supervision of the individual progress of team members
- Presenting and publishing data
- Fundraising is expected
- PhD in physics, (bio)chemistry or (bio)chemical engineering
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in CARS and SERS microscopy
- Knowledge in mass spectrometry, microfluidics, separation techniques and coupling techniques is an asset
- Basic experience in personnel management, study setup and experiment design
- Scientific creativity and passion for discovery
- Good ability to communicate and collaborate with scientists from fields such as physics, bio-chemistry, biology and bioinformatics
- Good working knowledge of English; German is an asset
This position is offered for three years with the possibility of one extension for three years.
- Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure in various analytical methods
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops
This position is immediately available and for full time work. Non-residents who apply for a job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity between men and women, and is therefore interested in applications from women. The salary will be according to the German TV-L.
Closing date for applications is December 10th 2014. Complete applications with reference number, extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, a two-page research statement that clearly describes your research profile and interests as well as your expertise and methodical competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, if available, should be submitted as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (email@example.com).
ISAS is located in Dortmund and Berlin. Besides scientific activities in the development of new or improved measuring methods and analytical separation techniques as well as spectroscopy and spectrometric equipment in modern analysis, research is undertaken in the areas of spectroscopic methods and analytical contributions to solving problems in the fields of materials and life sciences. For further information on the institute please see: http://www.isas.de.