The Nanoscience Liquid Crystals (NLC) Group Leader is hiring experienced and strong research background motivated candidates to join at the Center for Multidisciplinary Research Excellence (CMRE). The advertized training program based on M.Sc./M.Tech.,Integrated M.Tech.,Integrated PhD and Postdoctoral fellows in the topic of Nanoscience, soft-condensed matter Physics (Multidisciplinary Research Background). The program, benefiting from former achievements in Nanoscience, is designed to employ the phenomenological knowledge concerning field of multidisciplinary field of nanoscale processes to the creation of new materials applicable in industrial technology, liquid crystals, hybrid composites, polymer, smart display technology, switchable devices, nanoelectronics and optoelectronics, 2D-transitiona metal oxide nanoparticles, Graphene synthesis and transparent electrodes and super capacitor applications and environmental protection. The NLC' group links via Chemistry, Physics, Nano-biotechnology and Materials Science research with business collaboration worldwide.The program is aimed at creating a new generation of scholars, eminent scientists, capable of working in both scientific and research sectors, and becoming stimulants and intermediaries of knowledge & technology transfer on an National/International level.
Our offer for the position in CMRE in NLC group:
The research group will select 5-M.Sc./M.Tech.,5-Integrated M.Tech.,5-Integrated PhD.,6-PhD fresh students and 2-postdoctoral to carry out projects under direct supervision and joint co-supervision from an excellent partner institution in worldwide. PhD/Postdoctoral research will be accomplished both in India and abroad institutions. The successful candidates will be offered an Independent Research Group for an initial period of 5 years with the possibility of extension for 2 years. This includes based on group leaders’ recommendations and availability of additional resources for research positions, consumables, and investments. Candidates may be established or starting-up with some initial collaboration of creativity that they may develop into a leader of tomorrow. We are particularly interested in recruiting outstanding female students/scientists, expressly encourage them to apply.
Requirements of candidate profile:
The candidates with excellent academic background, good publication record can be discussed individually in email and Skype. Also a performance based reward can be negotiated personally (pay immediately). Providing housing subsidies, ANY consideration will negotiate.
The cumulative amount of funding is competitive with top class start-up packages of international career development programs. Junior researchers/Postdoctoral candidates those who deserve own fellowship and research grant (e.g.CSIR,UGC,DST/DBT,DRDO,Dr. DS Kothari PDF) or self-financing preferable.
*PhD research scholars and Postdoctoral remuneration will provide an attractive salary package, accommodation with high quality research activities, exclusive publications and hand on expertise skills of spectroscopic and electron microscopic characterization/analysis. Experienced researchers mostly Women Scientists are most preferable for the consideration and encouraging to apply for this research position.
Candidates choose an independent research topic listed below:
- Scale up two-dimensional transition metal oxide, synthesis and processing of ultra-thin graphene based materials nanosheets/nano-ribbons for electrochemical energy storage systems.
- Mechanism of various nanostructures formation by employing novel techniques and surface engineering for activated materials in catalysis
- Synthesis of CNT's/graphene nanosheets/nanoribbons applications in transparent flexible electrodes and super capacitor
- Liquid Crystals,hybrid complex materials, polymeric nanomaterials synthesis and spectroscopic characterization of optical and electrical investigation
- OLED and Photonics, high resolution display technology, smart flexible display, switchable devices, micro/nano scale switchable device fabrication for nanoelectronics/optoelectronics applications
- Kinetic and chemical studies of aqueous-phase reactions of nanomaterials and graphene dispersed liquid crystal polarizing Optical Microscopy analysis
- Silica-based nanomaterials applications in catalysis, food and drug technology, biomedical materials and drug delivery, water purification, Bio-materials, Nano-Bio Technology.
Please send your updated Curriculum Vitae with recent color photo, communication, Skype ID, list of publications, a short description of research accomplishments and future project plans (not more than 8 pages,contained with Research background,novelty of finding, Aims & Goals, Schematic diagrams/Graphical content, Outcome, References), preferably to the concern Group Leader (Research Professor) via email submission given the details below;
Dr. Kaushik Pal,(M.Sc.,Ph.D.,Marie-Curie & CAS Fellow)
The initial screening process should be done by Skype interaction with 10 mins slideshow presentation by screen share over Skype (Max.10 slides), total duration of interaction should not more than 30 mins. Candidates are requested to please mention their Skype ID with valid e-mail and communications.