Removal of Arsenic from greener L-Cysteine Derived Iron Oxide Nanoparticles

Syed Shane Zehra, Syeda Sara Hassan, Moiz Ahmed Noonari

Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro, Pakistan.
Suzhou University of Science and Technology, China

Abstract: In Asia, With the arsenic properties, more than 0.7 million humans have been infected, and around 100 million people are at risk from water bodies contaminated with arsenic. The three-staged experimental study was carried out to resolve this problem, i.e. (i) fabrication of nanoparticles, (ii) characterization, and (iii) batch study. After retaining pH 10, the preparation of smaller, greener, and sustainable iron oxide nanoparticles (Fe3O4) was performed using L-Cysteine. The characterization of these particles was carried out using techniques such as Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS), Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry (FT-IR), X-ray Diffraction (XRD), Zeta-Potential and Ultraviolet-Visible spectroscopy (UV-Vis). The nanoparticles were magnetic shown by the results collected, and the catalytic use of nanoparticles was a tool for the very short-term extraction of arsenic from water. The observed Fe3O4 NPs ranged in size from 5 to 30nm, they showed a wavelength ranging from 300 to 700 nm, and they were spherical.
Furthermore, iron oxide NPs derived from L-Cysteine were stable with a Value of -29.7 mV. The inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectroscopy (ICP-MS) of PerkinElmer was prepared for analysis with a synthetic arsenic solution of various concentrations. The addition of L-Cysteine functionalized magnetite iron oxide nanoparticles helps to determine to reduce arsenic concentration. The synthetic water samples contained kinetic studies and adsorption isotherms. The manufactured nanoparticles were also tested with actual water samples from Sachal Colony, Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan. Due to the presence of iron nanoparticles (Fe3O4 NPs), the test of synthetic water samples collected from ICP-MS Showed that the arsenic is extracted ranges from 90-99.8%, an excellent ultrafast catalyst the removes arsenic contamination from water fastly. The results were great, and with the removal effectiveness of 81.09% following checks on actual water samples. Further studies need to be addressed concerning applications for other water pollutants both microbial and organic of L-Cysteine related Iron Oxide NP.

4371990880?profile=RESIZE_710x 

NP2020-030.pdf

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello, I find your work interesting.

I have some doubts ...

After the pollutant is adsorbed what happens or what further treatment it receives.

Can NPs be reused? how many more cycles?

Best regards!
This reply was deleted.