NANOPARTICLES SEPARATION FROM SOLUTION

DEAR FRIENDS,

I have prepared Copper Nanoparticles in DI Water and want to separate them from solution. Kindly tell me the simple way to separate and dry these particles.

Thanks.

Asim Umer

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Sir.

Could you please send me paper on this technique

asimumer@uet.edu.pk

• centrifuge it for many times to remove excess DI water and form as a slury.  then pour it on petridish and dry it in proper environmental condition which u need.

• Here you did not mentioned particle size, However

Any nano particles can separate using centrifuge. depends upon particle size we have to choose PRM. for example, big particle low rpm enough and below 10nm you have to choose 15000-20000 rpm.you can also separate nanoparticles based on particle size using different rpm and time.

you have to repeat three times to remove unreacted compounds.then rediperse in MeOH and again centrifuge it will dry at room temperature.

• Thanks a lot sir.

The particles size is between 2-3 nm. I will try 15000-20000 rpm and will let you know.

•  rpm  never effect NP properties.

• Yes thats correct... but why do some samples require particular rpm alone?

• its a physical phenomena.Centrifuge process purely based on NP weight, gravity and centrifugal force.

• Sir

If any PDF positions in ure working area in the filed of nanoscience r thin films? If any position is available please inform 2 me (lcnehru@yahoo.com). Thanks

• hellow sir

Thanks for your reply message

• Hellow sir

I have one dougth. In centrifuge, rpm value is effect of the particle size?. Can u enplane or any report is available? 

This reply was deleted.