DSSC measurements.

I have been making some Dye sensitized solar cells and when I measure them at full light intensity, the IV curves I get is a straight line. At lower intensities I get something resembling the right shape of the IV curve. Any comments will be appreciated.

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is unusual. If your solar cell is a perfect diode, it should show the exponential diode behavior regardless of intensities.
    If you get diode behavior only at low intensities means the higher intensity produce heat on your Dye solar cell which can make extra path for carrier transport which shorts the electrodes.
    This answer is based my research advisor's guess.
  • Looks like you have a short circuit between photoanode (TCO/mesoporous TiO2/Dye) and Platinum.
    Thats why you see a straight line which is resistive nature.
    • Thank you very much for the reply, I thought that no one would ever post a reply to my question, I really appreciat it.

If you don't mind, I would like to ask another question, Why is it that when I lower the intensity of the light I get the right curve?
This reply was deleted.