Replies

• A dye-sensitized solar cell (DSSc or DSC): very interesting although I am not working in the field at present. I have a bit of expereince in making front contact Ag ink of Si Solar Cell. Can you point me to a paper relavent to this or forward me the paper if you have one please?

Thanks
    • Hi Dr.Xiang my name is ahmed bakr from companyGBA,we are representing NTMDT company in the gulf region www.nt-mdt.com .i know you have joined KAUST board and you are establishing a thinfilm lab.NTMDT product would be the best fit please specially the nanofab complex .i have tried to send emails to your mail which is xiang.zhang@kaust.edu.sa but all the mail bounced back .please reply to me on bakr@gulfbioanalytical
  • A dye-sensitized solar cell (DSSc or DSC) is a relatively new class of low-cost solar cell. It is based on a semiconductor formed between a photo-sensitized anode and an electrolyte, a photoelectrochemical system. This cell was invented by Michael Grätzel and Brian O'Regan at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne in 1991and are also known as Grätzel cells.

This cell is extremely promising because it is made of low-cost materials and does not need elaborate apparatus to manufacture. In bulk it should be significantly less expensive than older solid-state cell designs. It can be engineered into flexible sheets and is mechanically robust, requiring no protection from minor events like hail or tree strikes. Although its conversion efficiency is less than the best thin film cells, its price/performance ratio should be high enough to allow them to compete with fossil fuel electrical generation. Commercial applications, which were held up due to chemical stability problems, are now forecast in the European Union Photovoltaic Roadmap to be a potentially significant contributor to renewable electricity generation by 2020.

source: Wikipedia
This reply was deleted.