"Spicy world of NanoScience"
The International Research Training Group “Soft Matter Science: Concepts for the Design of Functional Materials” is a French-German doctoral college which aims at promoting graduate education and scientific exchange in the modern field of research on soft matter materials (http://www.softmattergraduate.uni-freiburg.de). It brings together chemists, physicists and engineers from Freiburg, Strasbourg, Mulhouse and Basel, aiming to develop concepts for the design of innovative materials with a high level of functionality.
We are currently offering three PhD positions linked to three different projects:
- Self-assembled nanoribbons and nanotubes of aromatic diamide-esters (A3)
- Influence of nanofillers on the drying and properties of polymer latex films (B3)
- Colloidal stabilization by unattached homopolymer and copolymers (B4)
You can find more details on http://www.softmattergraduate.uni-freiburg.de/project
Who can apply?
- Highly qualified and motivated graduates are invited to apply.
- Applicants should hold a master's degree (or equivalent) in physics, chemistry, biology, engineering or related areas with excellent grades.
- Applicants should have a strong interest to expand their horizon beyond the specific field of their major.
- Applicants should have excellent proficiency in English as all teaching will be in English.
- We particularly encourage women to apply.
Deadline for your application is the 26th of March 2012
Anfangsdatum: 29. Februar 2012
geschätzte Dauer: 3 Jahre
The application consists of ONE pdf-file comprising:
- Curriculum Vitae with list of publications
- Short summary of the master's thesis
- Certified copy of the university degree
- Master/diploma certificate (with grades)
- Suggestion of two referees with contact details
- Please indicate the PhD project(s) you would like to work on
- Please provide detailed explanation (no more than two A4 pages) justifying your choice for the PhD project(s)
This pdf-file should be e-mailed to: softmattergraduate(a)uni-freiburg.de