The TEM Imaging Scientist will assist with the development, testing, troubleshooting, feature feedback, customer training, and product demonstrations for the imaging product line. Position responsibilities also include assisting in the gathering of customer feedback and identifying functional gaps. This position will be responsible for feedback and testing during new product development. The TEM Imaging Scientist will interface regularly with engineering, sales and customers.
- Ability to operate a transmission electron microscope (TEM) and perform high resolution imaging.
- Ability to quantitatively characterize the performance of imaging CCD/CMOS cameras, holders and imaging filters.
- Ability to demonstrate and teach others how to optimize TEM imaging, in person and via web based interaction.
- Conduct presentations at key conferences to highlight Gatan product performance and author papers for a variety of publications based on target applications or product capabilities.
- Produce sales collateral and help train the sales force in how to communicate the strengths of Gatan’s various product groups.
- Assist in defining requirements for future Gatan products.
- Independently identify opportunities to grow and expand Gatan’s product lines to solve new customer problems.
- Assist with the testing, troubleshooting, and feedback performance issues for new product development based on in-house testing.