At the Institute of Materials Science and Technology (IMT) of the Friedrich-Schiller-University (FSU) Jena, Germany, the following position is available:
One postdoctoral position (full time)
in Materials Science / Biomaterials
The position is available from 1. April 2011 and is initially for two years (extension possible). The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work at a state-of-the-art facility on biomaterials within one of Germany’s leading research universities.
• PhD in chemistry, physics or materials science
• Experience and knowledge in materials science and one or more of the following areas: biomaterials, polymers, surfaces, biolmolecules, microscopy
• Basic knowledge of organic chemistry
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and / or English
Main working tasks include:
• Research in biointerfaces (materials-biomolecules, materials-cells, materials-tissues) and 3D-structures
• Teaching of materials science classes and labs
• Development of structure-property relationships of biomaterials using AFM, SEM, XPS, light microscopy; testing of physical, chemical and biological properties at structured biointerfaces
• Writing of scientific publications, grant applications and reports; management of scientific projects
• Support of laboratory management and chemical safety
The Friedrich-Schiller-University is located in the heart of Germany. The Institute of Materials Science and Technology (IMT) focuses on the timely research areas of biomaterials and nanomaterials. The group of Professor Jandt is one of the leading research groups in biomedical engineering in Europe.
For more information about the university and the IMT visit http://www.matwi.uni-jena.de/
The monthly salary is depending on research experience and is according to TV-L.
We especially welcome applications of women. Disabled candidates will be preferred if qualified equally.
Applications, including a full CV, list of publications, availability date, summary of research experience, skills and the addresses of three referees, quoting the Reg.-Nr. 17/2011 should be sent until 11. March 2011 by email to:
Prof. Dr. Klaus D. Jandt
Chair in Materials Science
D-07743 Jena, Germany email@example.com
Disclaimer: this advert is a free translation of a job advert in German and is therefore not legally binding. The original job advert in German can be found here: http://www.uni-jena.de/Universit%C3%A4t/Stellenmarkt/Wissenschaftli...