"Spicy world of NanoScience" since 2007
Postdoc position in Physics (M/F)
Deadline for application: February 2011, 15th
The University of Luxembourg has the following vacancy within the Laboratory of Physics of Advanced Materials (Physics and Materials Science Research Unit, Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication):
Postdoc (M/F) in Physics
• Reference: F1-040006
• 2-year fixed-term contract, renewable up to 5 years in total after positive evaluation, 40 hours/week, starting March 2011, 1st (or later).
• Employee status
The successful candidate will mainly be involved in the analysis of structure and local properties in polymer-based nanomaterials. The experimental techniques which will be applied include Atomic Force Microscopy and other microscopic techniques like TEM and SEM.
• PhD in experimental physics
• Solid background in polymer physics
• Expertise in Atomic Force Microscopy and other microscopic techniques
• Inquisitiveness, commitment and creativity, willingness to integrate into the existing team
• Good written and oral English skills are obligatory, working knowledge in German and/or French is an advantage
• a well-equipped physics laboratory
• an exciting international environment
• a competitive remuneration
For further information, please contact Ass.-Prof. Dr Roland Sanctuary (email@example.com).
Interested candidates are asked to send their full application (letter of motivation, detailed CV, copies of diploma, photo) to
Université du Luxembourg
Bâtiment des Sciences 1.19
162a, avenue de la Faïencerie
The deadline for applications is Tuesday, February 2011, 15th
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer