About the Nanobioelectronics Laboratory:
The Nanobioelectronics Laboratory (NBEL) in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev was established in 2015. The focus is on integrating functional biomaterials with microand nano- systems for monitoring of chemical and biological markers and their utilization onto the next generation of mobile and network real-world personalized health monitoring applications. A centerpiece of the current research efforts is biosensing systems development and integration to provide holistic solutions for real-world use. The focus of our work is aimed specifically at in-vivo and in-vitro clinical applications.
The Nanobioelectronics Laboratory has an available position for a Post-Doctoral fellow, effective from May 2018. The position is geared towards the development of bio-microsystems technology, materials, devices and systems for (A) Molecular sensing for neurological health management, (B) Wearable devices for personalized health monitoring in the world of the Internet of Things. Successful candidate should hold or pursue degree in Engineering Sciences with strong written and verbal communication skills in English. The research areas of focus span the fields of engineering, biology, electrochemistry, and materials science and involve collaborative work with clinical teams. The candidate will be expected to work independently, publish scholarly papers and attend international conferences, and take on a mentorship role for undergraduate students.
• Strong aptitude and demonstrated expertise in hands-on experimental research
• Experience with biosensors, bioelectronics, microfluidics, and machine learning algorithms, but not required
• Experience with electrochemical characterization techniques
• Expertise in device design and microfabrication processes
• Background in materials synthesis, characterization, and lab-on-a-chip device integration will be considered a plus.
• The desire to work in a collaborative, dynamic, interdisciplinary, and international team
Interested candidates should send a curriculum vitae along with a short statement of research
interests to Dr. Hadar Ben-Yoav (email@example.com). Please also advise the website of the
Kreitman School of Advanced Studies for information about Post-Doctoral procedures and competitive scholarships @BGU.
More information: NBEL Call for Postdoc.pdf
Comments are closed for this blog post