"Spicy world of NanoScience" since 2007
nanoHUB-U will offer three new online courses in the fall 2012-- two on the fundamentals of atomic force microscopy (AFM) and one on nanoscale transistors. Each course is a five-week module taught by world-renowned professors from Purdue University.
* Fundamentals of Atomic Force Microscopy, Part 1: Fundamental Aspects of AFM will be taught by Ron Reifenberger beginning August 27.
* Fundamentals of Atomic Force Microscopy, Part 2: Dynamic AFM Methods will be taught by Arvind Raman beginning October 15.
For more information about the AFM courses:
o A scientific overview video featuring the professors is available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsN_gLuf1tI&feature=player_embe...
o A course information page and link to registration are on the nanoHUB-U website: https://nanohub.org/groups/u/FALL2012_AFM
* Nanoscale Transistors will be taught by Mark Lundstrom beginning October 29. Information and registration are on the nanoHUB-U website: https://nanohub.org/groups/u/FALL2012_NanoTransistors
These online courses are part of the series on nanoscience and nanotechnology that nanoHUB-U will deliver over the next few years. The courses build on the open content on nanoHUB.org and are designed to be broadly accessible without many prerequisites. Students get access to a completely new set of video lectures not available on nanoHUB, extensive lecture notes, quizzes, exams, homework and exercises using nanoHUB tools, and Q&A forums for interacting with professors and other students.
If you think these courses will be of interest to others, please post the attached flyers on your local bulletin board, or pass them along to your colleagues.
The flyers attached to this email are posted here:
* Fundamentals of Atomic Force Microscopy, Parts 1 & 2: https://nanohub.org/site/groups/12769/nanoHUB-U_AFM1&2.pdf
* Nanoscale Transistors: https://nanohub.org/site/groups/12769/nanoHUB-U_NanoscaleTransistor...
The nanoHUB-U Team
PS: Find more information about nanoHUB-U: https://nanohub.org/u