Inston Inc., a startup company based in Los Angeles, CA, is inviting applications for a position of Device Characterization Engineer. Inston is developing and commercializing MeRAM, a revolutionarily novel magnetic random access memory (MRAM) technology. In this position, the individual will join the effort in experimental R&D on magnetic tunnel junctions and magnetoelectric devices for applications in MeRAM memory and logic.
Requirements for this position include:
- Hands-on expertise in high-frequency and time-domain RF/microwave characterization is a must;
- Deep understanding of magnetic tunnel junctions;
- Understanding of spin dynamics in metallic nano/micro-structures (e.g. spin waves, spin-transfer torque and switching);
- Low and room temperature measurement of transport phenomena;
- Familiarity with micromagnetic simulations and related tools is desirable;
- Integrated circuit fabrication and process design experience is a plus.
The position offers the opportunity to work in a vibrant startup environment, as well as collaboration opportunities with world-class research teams and industry partners. The work involves extensive collaborations as well as team work. Both strong communication skills and leadership skills are a must.
Applicants should possess an M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Applied Physics, or other related field. Interested candidates should take action by emailing ONLY a resume in PDF format to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Please mention “device engineer search” on the subject line