Thermal desorption studies provide for analysis of the gases and vapours adsorped in the upper most layers of materials, in thin film processing for example. The analysis provides for routine comparison of the desorped gases and vapours from sample to sample providing quality analysis of production processes as well as providing a fundamental insight into the gas sorption characteristics of the material.
The TPD workstation includes a UHV multiport chamber, with sample load lock and sample heater stage. Hiden’s 3F/PIC triple filter mass spectrometer with fast pulse ion counting detector is included to provide for high sensitivity analysis.
The TPD Workstation software allows the user to set up standard analysis templates
• Multiport UHV chamber with heated sample stage
• High precision triple filter analyser with digital pulse ion counting detector
• Range of different mass filter shrouds
• Software included with the Workstation provides automatic control of sample temperature
• TPD analysis routines (e.g. peak integration/deconvolution etc.)
The Hiden TPD Workstation is a complete experimental system for UHV temperature programmed desorption (TPD) studies, featuring:
• Hiden 3F PIC Mass Spectrometer for fast data acquisition (>500 data points per sec)
• Multiport UHV chamber for attachment of additional instrumentation (e.g. Ellipsometry)
• Linear sample transfer mechanism and loadlock, including gate valve and viewport
• Heated sample stage to 1000°C
• Z-drive for optimum sample/detector positioning
• Bakeout Jacket (200 °C max)
• Integrated Software control of experimental protocols.