I am synthesizing nZVI using plant extract.

When plant extract and metal salt are mixed, I am getting precipitate in reaction mixture. What could be the reason? 

Can it be due to high polyphenol content in plant extract, metal salt concentration or the mixing ratio?

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Naren said:

I am Naren working on Iron nanoparticles .I feel the mixing ration matters ..

Hi Naren,

Thanks for your reply..

Regards

Mihir

Need help in Biosynthesis of Iron Nanoparticles
    I am synthesizing nZVI using plant extract. When plant extract and metal salt are mixed, I am getting precipitate in reaction mixture. What could be…
  • I am Naren working on Iron nanoparticles .I feel the mixing ration matters ..

• sap is sticky slime in plants.

Mr. Herlekar, when I XRD-ed the material I syntesized, the XRD result is amorph, without any crystaline peak.

do you know what can cause this thing? Please help, thanks before 

• Thanks for your reply...I am already drying the plant material before extraction.

Can you please clarify what is meant by "sap"? (line 8 of your answer)

Nanoparticles from suspension can be separated either by high speed centrifugation or by filtration.

Regards

Mihir

Ekrima Astari said:

• Conversation started Wednesday
    • 161183_100000081142226_7997293_q.jpg
      Ekrima Astari

Dear Mr. Herlekar, I'm a chemistry under grad. student in Jakarta. I've seen your discuscussion you posted in nanopaprika.eu "I am synthesizing nZVI using plant extract. When plant extract and metal salt are mixed, I am getting precipitate in reaction mixture. What could be the reason? Can it be due to high polyphenol content in plant extract, metal salt concentration or the mixing ratio?"

I am, also synthesizing nZVI using plant extract with mixing ratio polyphenol:Fe-salt = 2:1 and the suspension resulted from tis reaction is quite stable for about 24h. I think the precipitation can be resulted from other phytochemical compound in plant, like the 'sap', and from my experience it can be avoided by drying the plant before extraction. I hope it can help

What I can't figure is how to separate nanoparticle from its suspension. Please help me ...

Sincerely

Need help in Biosynthesis of Iron Nanoparticles
    I am synthesizing nZVI using plant extract. When plant extract and metal salt are mixed, I am getting precipitate in reaction mixture. What could be…
    • Conversation started Wednesday
    • 161183_100000081142226_7997293_q.jpg
      Ekrima Astari

Dear Mr. Herlekar, I'm a chemistry under grad. student in Jakarta. I've seen your discuscussion you posted in nanopaprika.eu "I am synthesizing nZVI using plant extract. When plant extract and metal salt are mixed, I am getting precipitate in reaction mixture. What could be the reason? Can it be due to high polyphenol content in plant extract, metal salt concentration or the mixing ratio?"

I am, also synthesizing nZVI using plant extract with mixing ratio polyphenol:Fe-salt = 2:1 and the suspension resulted from tis reaction is quite stable for about 24h. I think the precipitation can be resulted from other phytochemical compound in plant, like the 'sap', and from my experience it can be avoided by drying the plant before extraction. I hope it can help

What I can't figure is how to separate nanoparticle from its suspension. Please help me ...

Sincerely

This reply was deleted.