CIGS thin film solar cell is hot topic these days

Hello Friends,Let me give some introduction about CIGS before starting discussion.CIGS stands for Cu(In,Ga)Se2 which acts as absorber layer and CdS can be used as buffer layer in this solar cell. The layered cell structure is ZnO/CdS/CIGS/Mo/soda-lime glass or flexible substrate. CIGS solar cell with record 19.9% total-area efficiency demonstrated at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and is a promising candidate to replace silicon solar cells.Major challenges in the area is to find cost effective technique for the film deposition and to achieve grain growth in CIGS without toxic selenization step.Some of the major companies working in this area are Global solar, Nanosolar, ISET, Daystar, Solarpower and many more. Most of the companies follow co-evaporation technique for film deposition.Please express your insight, updates and ideas in this field to find solution on energy problem.

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• CIGS based Solar cell Update: Miasolé Exceeds 14% Efficiency With Commercial-Scale CIGS Thin Film Solar Modules. 14.3% module efficiency is the highest independently confirmed efficiency for any commercial scale CIGS module technology. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) independently confirmed the 14.3 % efficiency of its large area production modules (1 square meter in size). How ever in laboratory the world record efficiency is 19.4 ± 0.6 % with device area of 1 square centimeter. Also a noticeable result is published of efficiency of 20.1 ± 0.6 % with device area 0.5 square centimeter. This cell is with a slightly higher measured efficiency than for the previous result, but the cell is still smaller than the 1 square centimeter size required for classification as an outright record.
  • why CIGS thin film solar cell is hot topic these days??
  • am new to thin films solar cells...let me know some more information ...
    by what technique thin film solar cells can be made..
    or what type of deposition it has to undergo..
  • Dear Dr. dhage,
    Actually I started this topic very recently. so I'm a child in this field. actually I am interested on nanoparticle CIGS, hope to get some valuable hits from you.
    thanks
    Sasanka
    • Dear Dr. Deka,
      Nice to hear that you are interested in CIGS nanoparticles. I would be delighted to help you. Please keep posting the updates in the field.

Thanks
      Sanjayl
    • Hi everybody,
      Is there any one intertested in CIGS Q.dots and somehow sonochemistry or printing tech?
    • Dr.Eng.Soubane,
      yes,intertested in CIGS Q.dots
  • hi
    i have seen ths.its nice.i have seeen one news regarfing the nanocell which was discovered in america by indians.it is made up of solar cell.it has a slimbody.it is made up of dellulose material.it is better to see the information regarding this.urs is very nice.thank you.
    http://indians.it/
    • Hi Thiruchelvi,
      Thanks for your insight. I think you are talking about ISET (International solar energy technolocy) company in California. Dr. Vijay Kapoor from ISET has claimed to prepare nanoink of CIGS and non vacuum annealing process however they could not overcome the annealing of film in ambient selenium vapors.

Sanjay
This reply was deleted.