Bionanotechnology versus Nanobiotechnology

Basic definition (and confusion) time!

BIONANOTECHNOLOGY, the subject of this group, is the utilization of pseudobiological molecules and processes/procedures to achieve technological including nanotechnological goals.

NANOBIOTECHNOLOGY is the use of nanotechnology to study biology and (I would argue) in applied biology, eg medicine, as well.

Bionanotechnology will yield much nanobiotechnology, and nanobiotechnology much information including especially basic process/procedural models useful to bionanotechnology.

Actual biological molecules and processes/procedures (including reactions) should however not be used in bionanotechnology for the most part. This is of course in order to avoid insofar as possible any unforeseen medical and ecological consequences from such technology, such as inadvertent release and naturalization of the self-replicative systems warned against in my own writings on the bionanotechnology I call "mechanomeric selection". Such reservation should be part of any competent "Nano Carta". And it is the reason for the restriction of bionanotechnology to using "pseudobiological" molecules and processes/procedures in the definition of bionanotechnogy above and prepended to this group.

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Replies

• As promised yesterday,"Platonic Fullerene Chemistry and a Serious Mathematical Problem", has been accepted and published on EzineArticles.com: http://ezinearticles.com/?Platonic-Fullerene-Chemistry-and-a-Seriou...

This may be of some interest to the Nano Carta Project. If so please advise. I am now compling  a prestigios leather bound Vol of the book, The 21st Century Renaissance, linking the Arts with Quantum biology containing some United Nations Millennium Project Futures Studies and a UNESCO Chair for World Peace  endorsement. Professor Wolfgang Weber has introduced this C P Snow Ethos in the book. I would be interested in reproducing a copy of the final Nano Carta paper within the book if this was considered to be warranted.

Professor Robert Pope Email Pope@science-art.com.au

• What does this have to do with the distinction between bionanotechnology and nanobiotechnology? or with bionanotechnology per se? it would seem more suitable for the group "Nanoethics" if anything.

• It is relevant to the entanglement process between quantum mechanics and quantum biology in which the evolution of consciousness is compatible to the theories of the 1937 Nobel Laureate in Medicine, Szent Gyorgyi. Nanotech observation, relevant to the functioning of Dr Candace Pert's Molecule of Emotion would allow rigorous computer generation of futuristic human survival simulations. My research Centre, used a more simple methodolgy to generate accurate simulations of seashell evolution over a jump through twenty million years of space-time. This discovery of optimum biological growth through space-time was reprinted in 1990 as an important discovery of the 20th Century by the world's largest technological research institute IEEE- SPIE Milestone Series in Washington. The original research methodology now applies applies to the human condition. We are too busing compiling the book, The 21st Century Rennaisance to enter into research discussion about this. The issues have been adequately brought into modern day nano-technology focus by the New Measurement of Humanity Project in Italy. I wondered if the Nano Carta peole might be interested in the concept of their Carta being published under auspices of the Italian Project, if deemed warranted. It would then promote your iniative as part of the 21st Century Renaissance. As the book is being readied for publication I understand that this idea may well be inopportune. However, I thought I would mention it in one of my essays, giving a brief summary of it the Centre's ethos.

See http://ezinearticles.com/?Platonic-Fullerene-Chemistry-and-a-Seriou...

Robert Pope.

This reply was deleted.