NANOPARTICLES SEPARATION FROM SOLUTION

DEAR FRIENDS,

I have prepared Copper Nanoparticles in DI Water and want to separate them from solution. Kindly tell me the simple way to separate and dry these particles.

Thanks.

Asim Umer

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hello!

First u have to centrifuge your sample . you try the rpm range from 3000 to 10,000 rpm  depending up on your particle size. larger the particle size lower rpm is enough. Then you can see the copper nanoparticle at the bottom remove the filtrate. Further  the trace of the solvent is removed by vacuum. if u heat to remove water some times nanoparticle change it's morphology. 

• Thank you

• I have not experience on the copper , but h hope good luck for you dear>>>> i have qesution for what you need copper NPS????????????

• Yes, I require Cu NPs....

• Depending on your needs, you might find the following paper of some value: J. T. Nurmi et al. "Recovery of Iron/Iron Oxide Nanoparticles from Solution: Comparison of Methods and their Effects"  Journal of Nanoparticle Research 2011  13(5) 1937-1952.

• You can use centrifuging at 5000-6000 rpm for 10-15 minutes. This

can be further dried at moderate temperature. Also it would be good to

use alcohols.

All the best.

• Asim are you looking at recovery of copper NP??

Cheers

Madan Iyengar

www.ozosciences.com

http://www.ozosciences.com/
    • Thank you Sir

• Better go for centrifugation at high rpm and remove the supernatant and keep in the oven at around 50 degrees
    • Thanks a lot ...

This reply was deleted.