Cancer, a serious problem

Hi everyone,Is there anyone wants to talk about "Cancer"? I am really interested at it. It is becoming a serious problem day by day. On the other hand, with the development of technology, we will probably find a treatment. I think it is very soon:)Anyways waiting for your messages.

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think the great advances we are going to observe in the next couple of years are going to be in the field of tumor's diagnosis. The use of Quantum Dots and Dendrimers seems to be giving good results. Right now the only drug in the market for the treatment of neoplastic tumors based on nanotechnology is the one called Abraxene.
  • Thanks for your reply. Since you are in the midst of cancer reasearch, can you tell me the authentic place where I can truely get the details about Pancreatic cancer. I lost a very close friend of mine recently due to this disease and hence wished to know the details.
    Regards
    Satish
    • Hi Satish,
      Here i found some information for you.

Early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer is difficult because the symptoms are so non-specific and varied. Common symptoms include pain in the upper abdomen that typically radiates to the back and is relieved by leaning forward (seen in carcinoma of the body or tail of the pancreas), loss of appetite, significant weight loss and painless jaundice related to bile duct obstruction (carcinoma of the head of the pancreas). All of these symptoms can have multiple other causes. Therefore, pancreatic cancer is often not diagnosed until it is advanced.

Jaundice occurs when the tumor grows and obstructs the common bile duct, which runs partially through the head of the pancreas. Tumors of the head of the pancreas (approximately 60% of cases) are more likely to cause jaundice by this mechanism.

Trousseau sign, in which blood clots form spontaneously in the portal blood vessels, the deep veins of the extremities, or the superficial veins anywhere on the body, is sometimes associated with pancreatic cancer.

Clinical depression has been reported in association with pancreatic cancer, sometimes presenting before the cancer is diagnosed. However, the mechanism for this association is not known.

You can find more information about pancreatic cancer from this website.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/pancreatic

Sorry for your lost.
      Olga.
  • Do you have any updates on Pancreatic Cancer. How it initiates in humans and what precautions one needs to take to avoid it?
    • Actually i donot have information about Pancreatic Cancer but i study and work Leukemia (acute and cronic) on children. I can only give information about it.
This reply was deleted.