Cancer, a serious problem

Hi everyone,Is there anyone wants to talk about "Cancer"? I am really interested at it. It is becoming a serious problem day by day. On the other hand, with the development of technology, we will probably find a treatment. I think it is very soon:)Anyways waiting for your messages.

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• IS there was any nanoparticle or nanorobots are use in treatment on cancer?
    If yes then please gives detail information.As per my knowlegde the carbon nanotube,gold nanoparticle is use.
  • hello
    am very much interested to knw abt cancer, becoz am a microbiologist, now doing Ph.D., related to nanotech.. i like to know whether, cancer can be treated using biosynthesis of nanoparticles or not ?
  • Hi,

This is one of my research interests. Yes I agree that it is serious problem and I would like to work on it too.

I am more inclined towards cancer detection and maybe prediction later.. Sorry I am new to biology/medicine and still leanring about this field.

MIT Profs have made some good progress in chemotherapy. Let me know via email and I will send you the details.

Just curious, can nanorobots be used to detect and also for drug delivery? I think so..

Regards,
    Jitesh Dundas
  • hiiii all i am currently doing my msc.biomedical genetics from vit,vellore . i want to do a project on any field in my course in coimbatore human genetics in cancer or neuro or application of my field in nanotech related areas are my interest but not a necessity. can anyone suggest me any institutes or research programs where i can apply to do my final year project.?i am really in need of help from you all friends kindly mail me your suggestions at vin_v4u86@yahoo.co.in i will be always oblidged.
  • Hi !! do u have any articles Regarding Bone tumors and nanotech !!
    • A new society for Nanomedicine has been formed:

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS183505+04-Sep-2009+...

The society intends to address cancer therapeutic aspects as well

contact addresses are

Dr. Esther Chang, Acting President, American Society for Nanomedicine;
      Professor of Oncology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D.C.,
      USA; Phone: +202 687 8418 esther.chang9@gmail.com

Dr. Raj Bawa, Acting Secretary, American Society for Nanomedicine; President,
      Bawa Biotechnology Consulting, 21005 Starflower Way, Ashburn, Virginia, USA;
      Phone: +703 582 1745 bawa@bawabiotech.com
  • hi
  • Many thanks for the topic, I'm from Sudan this is becoming a serious problem in my country
    is there any relation to the heavy use of pesticides and the other chemicals? poor comunities
    with no or poor health care are the most affecting people, the medicines are so expencive
    I hope we can do somthing in this NanoS.Community to help poor ones
    Regards
    Sudania
  • Some links to this topic:

Nanotechnology kills cancer cells

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4734507.stm

---

Nanotechnology and Cancer

http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cancernet/400388.html
    BBC NEWS | Health | Nanotechnology kills cancer cells
    Scientists have developed a laser treatment that kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue.
This reply was deleted.