Cancer, a serious problem

Hi everyone,Is there anyone wants to talk about "Cancer"? I am really interested at it. It is becoming a serious problem day by day. On the other hand, with the development of technology, we will probably find a treatment. I think it is very soon:)Anyways waiting for your messages.

You need to be a member of The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu to add comments!

Join The International NanoScience Community - Nanopaprika.eu

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Cancer should be killed by site directed attack
  • Hi Olga, I knew that magnetofluid can work well for the heat therapy of cancer.The ultimate temerature that cancer cells could sustain was lower than that for normal cells. By adjusting the intensity of applied magnetic field, the temperature of magnetofluid can be accuratly set below the ultimate temerature of normal cells, while above that of cancer cells. So cancer cells will be killed, normal cells surviving. I can only share these informations with you, for my subject is material science, not biology. I an good at synthesizing paramagnetic materials, so I knew a little about their applications on medical field.
  • A posting I made on my site www.nanobroadcast.com/?p=200 (
    Cancer Diagnostics Revolutionized by Nanotechnology)

Regards
    JohnT
    nanobroadcast.com - nanobroadcast Resources and Information.
    nanobroadcast.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect t…
    • thanks for the info
  • Cancer is definitely a serious issue that is somehow being kept in the silence. It's scary... That might be one the the reasons. However, I am sure that a cure will be found in the very near future. Let's hope so...

I get emails from people who have cancer asking about treatment and it's hard for me to tell them there there's nothing that can help them yet.

Oh and, since this is my first post, I'd like to say hello to everyone! :-)
  • In the US there is campaign to use nanoscience for the diagnostics, imaging, treatment and other therapeutics in the area of cancer research. However the gov't funding has been slow to emerge. I see Michael McDonald has addressed the radiofrequency used to heat up nanovectors injected into tumors. I didn't read all of his post but it seems the machine being studies at Anderson is the Lanzius machine or some such. It is named after its inventor. A non-academic. Sometimes it takes a fresh set of eyes to see the path to a novel approach. He is trying to by-pass some of the usual methods for US approval by fast-tracking the technology. Its also likely that bioinformatics and systems biology is going to play a role in cancer prevention and early detection. Biomarkers for various forms of cancer are needed as well as genetic predisposition indicators to develop those diseases. It does appear headway is being made in understanding the cell and chemical biology. Plus some very recent breakthroughs in imaging of intact living cells will contribute immensely. A good resource for researchers in at nano.nic.gov/teaming. Then the Max Planck Institute is doing some great things, especially in organelles, proteomics and signal transduction. So is Japan and the EU as well as many other government, commerical and academic centers. To me this demonstrates that everyone realizes how crucial this issue is. I think an exciting thing is the recent re-emergence of an old (1980s) drug that was withdrawn though it was successful. The drug caused neuro-cognitive and memory problems. Now by adding a large polymer to the drug in this new nanoformulation it is not able to cross the bloodbrain barrier. The Eighties drug was known as TNP-470 and it increased longevity and induced regression in cancer patients. The new drug "cooked up" by Children's Boston Hospital researchers is called Lodamin. One Harvard professor of vascular biology says its the most potent angiogenesis inhibitor ever seen. My spouse has cancer "again" so you can see I now have a new motivation in this fight.
    have a great one.
    david
    • Greetings David,
      Allow me to present to you something that may be useful for your wife. I will make no claims that this is a cure for cancer, however it has some promising results. I recently got involved at the request of the CEO of a major BioTech firm that is going to release a product and service Aug 1st. It is not open to the public for users yet, but you can get in as an affiliate.
      What this is all about is your DNA. We all know that our individual make up is different and our nutritional needs are as diversified as well. After 14 years of researching & development GeneLink has provided a way to precisely match what your individual needs are, by taking your DNA sample and doing an assessment. To get more information about this amazing breakthrough, take a look at my GeneWize site.
      As I mentioned it is available here is the US only for the time being, but will expand Globally later. Hope this is helpful.
      http://mygenewize.com/DNA4me
  • Yes I agree Olga.
    Cancer is a global problem and day by day its varieties are being disclosed. its versatile and can be found now in any human body part or organ. i think systems biology approach can help in the identification of exact markers for the treatment or cure of cancer. kinase family of enzymes play a crucial role in cancer. I am a bioinformatician and worked very little on kinase. i also want to learn more about the whole process/scenario.

best wishes

• This is something I came up with about 5 years ago. Nobody was interested, but I bet some people may be interested now. Funny how that goes.....
    Anyways, this is my first post in here and I very rarely join discussions, but I couldnt help but post this.
    My reasoning? I watched my father die after a year of colon cancer, they cut thirteen *(13) feet of his intestines out...... (and he made 38 bombing missions in WWII) what the heck ehh? then, waste away, hallucinate until he no longer knew me. So, if there is something I could do, I don't care about money.......
    Best, Dave
    • Thanks for your comment! Hope we can start a discussion...
This reply was deleted.