Accepting applications for 2014-15
Developed by the University of Oxford's Begbroke Science Park and Department for Continuing Education, the Postgraduate Certificate in Nanotechnology is a quality online course aimed at professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds who wish to learn more about the foundations of nanotechnology, technological advances, and the applications enabled by nanotechnology.
This part-time course is designed to be completed over nine months using a blend of individual study of online learning materials, together with group work during online tutorials, discussions and research. The group sessions with tutors and a small number of students are particularly valuable, offering highly authentic learning and assessment opportunities.
The course comprises three modules providing a thorough introduction to nanotechnology and the behaviour and characterisation of nanoparticles:
- The Wider Context of Nanotechnology
- The Fundamental Science of Nanotechnology
- Fundamental Characterisation for Nanotechnology (featuring Nano-scale Materials Characterisation residential weekend)
About the course
- Ideal as an introduction to nanotechnology
- Includes a two-day residential weekend at the University of Oxford
- Small class sizes enable full interaction and feedback with tutors
- Part-time distance learning for busy professionals and those who wish to minimise travel to study
- Tutors provide support through a combination of online materials, forums and weekly live tutorials which electronically replicate the famed Oxford tutorial system
We are accepting applications for the new academic year. The next deadline is 27 January 2014.
News: Some home and EU applicants to the Postgraduate Certificate in Nanotechnology are now eligible to be considered for an Oxford Graduate Scholarship, supported by HEFCE. Eligible applications completed by the above deadline will automatically be considered.
For further details, please visit our website: www.conted.ox.ac.uk/nano