|Employer:||Technische Universität Ilmenau|
|Location:||Ilmenau, Thuringia, Germany|
The Nanotechnology Research Group in the Institute of Micro- and Nanotechnology of the of Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany,offers 1 Post-Doctoral Research Position
Compensation is based on the provisions of the collective agreements in the public sector in the German Federal States (TV-L, TVÜ), rank will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience up to pay scale E 13.
The successful candidatewill be responsible for research in the fields of:
(1) Self-organized assembly of semiconductor devices and/or
(2) Transfer-based assembly of semiconductor devices on flexible or stretchable substratesrelated to biomedical applications and/or
(3) Novel nano structure deposition methods.
The successful candidate will be in charge of:
• Writing of applications for funding future research,
• Supervision of PhD and Master students,
• Planning, implementation and evaluation of experimental work,
• Design and implementation of the necessary physical setups and its transfer to a prototype machine and development of a process for industrial use,
• Proof of applicability which is initially specified by the third-party project.
Setting requirement is a PhD degree in chemistry, physics, materials science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or comparable. Experience in the following areas is desirable: semiconductor technology, manufacturing of microsystems, microfluidics, heterogeneous integration, or self-organized assembly. The applicant is expected to exhibit a high degree of experimental skill, innovative features and experience in design of prototypes and mechanical constructions. Applicants should point out those qualifications in the application. German language skills are beneficial but are not required.
Ilmenau University of Technology has been awarded the Total E-Quality-predicate. It strongly urges women to apply. Disabled persons, having the same aptitude,and professional qualifications,have priority in hiring. A paper copy of the application with the following documents (letter of application including: a statement as to why the candidate fits the research fields 1-3, complete curriculum vitae, certificates, possibly references, and prior experience in project initiation if available) should be sent by 31 July 2013 under the code number XX/2013 to: