Nanosphere, Inc. (NASDAQ: NSPH) is a nanotechnology-based molecular diagnostics company, offering proprietary breakthrough technologies that provide a unique and powerful solution to greatly simplify molecular diagnostic testing. Based in Northbrook, IL, Nanosphere’s diagnostic platform has several FDA-cleared tests and the company continues with its ambitious growth plans of rapidly bringing new tests and device platforms with enhanced capabilities to the marketplace.
Develops, improves and maintains design of plastic injection molded consumable parts, including material selection.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by failure analysis of consumable parts, both component and assay failures.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Prepares a scrap reduction program and process improvement in the manufacturing process.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government and FDA regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Build relationships and work with injection molding vendors to maintain quality, increase capacity and decrease costs
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or Equivalent
- 2+ years of experience or solid internship experience, is preferred.
- Experience with Pro-Engineering CAD software is highly desired
- Experience with interpreting mechanical drawings
- Experience with injection molded or other plastic component manufacturing
- Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design
Local candidates preferred as there is no relocation assistance available for this position.
Must be able to work in the U.S. on an unrestricted basis
Nanosphere is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v