NanoMed 2009 - 6th International Conference on Biomedical Applications of Nanotechnology
March 4 - 6, 2009
Medical and healthcare applications are possibly the fastest growing branch of nanotechnology. Nearly on a daily basis new groundbreaking results from basic research are reported. Many nanomedical concepts have entered into the phase of clinical studies, and the first nanotechnology-based medical products have been approved by the regulatory authorities.
Experts from all over the world will gather for the 6th NanoMed conference in Berlin to discuss the state of the art in biomedical applications of nanotechnology. The NanoMed conference series started in 1999 and has developed into one of the European lead events in this field.
The scope of the conference covers the entire range of nanomedicine, including, among others,
- drug delivery, targeting and controlled release
- new concepts for cancer therapy
- innovative dental materials
- nanobioanalytics and diagnostic techniques
- nanomaterials for implants and regenerative medicine
- microbicidal coatings for sterility, general hygiene and drug packaging
- novel contrast agents
- miniaturization of biochips, and
- bio-labelling with quantum dots
- potential risks of nanomaterials