Am working in India, Department of Pharmaceutics, JN Medical College, KLE University, BELGAUM - 590010, Karnataka, India.
Find my C.V.
E-mail & Web site: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.nanopaprika.eu/profile/Nanjwade
Name : DR. BASAVARAJ K. NANJWADE
Father’s Name : KASHINATH G. NANJWADE
Qualification : M. Pharm., Ph.D (Pharmaceutics)
Date of Birth : 01- 06 - 1972
Correspondence Address : DR. BASAVARAJ K. NANJWADE
Associate Professor and Head
Department of Pharmaceutics
BELGAUM – 590 010
Phone: (+91) 831-24091912
Fax No: (+91) 831 2473161
Mobile: (+91) 9448716277
Residential Address :
Plot No - 577, Sector No - III
Near Lingayat Bhavan
BELGAUM – 590 010
E-mail Address : email@example.com
S.No Course University Year
1 B. Pharm Gulbarga University, Gulbarga Oct-1997
M. Pharm (Pharmaceutics)
Rajiv Gandhi Health University Bangalore Sept-2000
Ph. D (Pharmaceutics)
Rajiv Gandhi Health University Bangalore Sept-2004
Ph.D Research Topic: “DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION OF OCUSERTS CONTAINING
SELECTED NON- STEROIDAL ANTI- INFLAMMATARY DRUGS”
Guide: Prof.Dr.F.V.Manvi, Principal, KLES’s College of Pharmacy, Belgaum-10
Industrial Experience: 01 year in Intellectual Property Rights and Regulatory Affaires,
USV Pharmaceutical Limited Mumbai
Industrial Training: IDPL Hyderabad
Professional Experience: 09 Years (08 years after P.G. and 01 year after U.G)
1. P.G. (M. Pharm. Pharmaceutics) approved guide in KLE University, Belgaum.
2. Ph. D (Pharmaceutics) approved guide in KLE University, Belgaum.
Membership of Professional bodies:
Life Member, Indian Pharmaceutical Association,
Life member of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India
Member of Control Release Society
Member of International Pharmaceutical Federation
Member of International Pharmaceutical Student Federation
Member of American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientist
Life Member of InPharm
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Ph.D in Pharmaceutics
AREA OF INTREST
Novel Drug Delivery System, New Dosage Forms, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR’s) and Regulatory Affairs
1. In Situ- Forming Hydro-gels for Sustained Ophthalmic Drug Delivery, Journal of Controlled Release, Volume 122, Issue 2, 26 September 2007, Pages 119-134.
2. Formulation and In-vitro Evaluation of Transdermal Therapeutic Drug Delivery Films of Isosorbide Dinitrate, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Excipients, October-December 2006, 103.
3. Development of Sustained Ocular Drug Delivery System for Betaxolol, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Educational and Research, 40(3) July – Sept. 2006, 165-168.
4. Formulation and Evaluation of Dispersible Tablets of Flurbiprofen. The Indian Pharmacist, Feb, 2005, 68.
5. Formulation and Evaluation of Diclofenac Sodium Ophthalmic Inserts, The Indian Pharmacist, July 2004, 55, Volume-III. No.25.
INTERNATIONAL PAPERS PRESENTIONS
1. Paper presented in 6th International Symposium on advance in Technology and Business Potential of New Drug Delivery System, Feb. 18th to 19th, 2004, at Mumbai.
2. Paper presented “Formulation and Development of Diclofenac sodium Controlled Release Dosage Form” in 4th International Pharmaceutical Student Federation, Scientific Symposium, 1st to 7th March 2004, Bangkok, at Thailand.
3. Paper presented “Traditional Medicine in India” in 49th International Pharmaceutical
Student Federation, 24th July to 3rd August at Singapore
4. Presented the paper at the 62nd World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical
Sciences, from August 31st to Sept. 6th, 2002 at Nice, France.
REVIEWER FOR REPUTED JOURNALS
1. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology
2. Current Drug Delivery
3. Journal of Controlled Release
4. International Journal of Pharmaceutics
5. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences
NATIONAL PAPERS PRESENTATIONS
1. Presented the paper at the 5th International Symposium of PERD Center, February 1st-3rd
2003, Mumbai, India
2. Presented the scientific work at 7th Annual National Convention of APTI on September
20th and 21st 2002 at Goa, India
3. Presented the paper at the 4th International symposium of controlled release society,
February 22nd-23rd 2002, Mumbai, India
4. Presented the paper at the 53rd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, December 21st-23rd
2001, New Delhi, India
5. Presented the paper at the Millennium 52nd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress December
1st-3rd 2000, Hyderabad, India
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL PAPERS ABSTRACTED
1. Abstract of “Controlled Drug Delivery for Experimental Ocular Studies With Diclofenac sodium” in 12th International Pharmaceutical Technology Symposium, 13th – 15th September 2004, Istanbul, Turkey
2. Abstract of “Controlled Drug Delivery for Experimental Ocular Studies With Diclofenac sodium” in 12th International Pharmaceutical Technology Symposium, 13th – 15th September 2004, Istanbul, Turkey
3. Abstract of “Formulation and evaluation of Ciprofloxacin Ocuserts” in 64th International Congresses of International Pharmaceutical Federation, 4th – 9th September 2004, New Orleans. USA
4. Abstract of “Oral Delivery from Solid Dispersion of Flurbiprofen” 31st Annual Meeting and Exposition of the Controlled release Society, 12th – 16th June 2004, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
5. Abstract of “Ocular Delivery of Ibuprofen from Polymeric Ocuserts” in 2nd PSWC from 29th May – 3rd June 2004, Kyoto, Japan.
6. Abstract of “Ocular Delivery of Indomethacin from Polymeric Ocuserts” in 63rd International Congress of International Pharmaceutical Federation, 4th –9th September 2003, Sydney, Australia.
7. Abstract of “Ocular Drug Delivery from Ocuserts Containing Flurbiprofen” in 30th Annual Meeting & Controlled Release Society, July 19-23, 2003, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
8. The paper published in the 11th IPTS at Istanbul, Turkey
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROGRAME ATTENDED
1. Attended Quality Improvement Programme on “Developments in Quality Assurance and
Strategies in New Drug delivery” 14th to 28th Feb. 2005. at Belgaum
2. Attended Quality Improvement Programme on “Cosmeceuticals – Emerging Concepts”
March 3rd to 15th, 2003, Belgaum
3. Attended quality improvement programme on “Recent Advances Pharmaceutical Sciences”, November 17th to 23rd, 2000, Ooty.
4. Attended quality improvement programme on “Pharmaceutics”, November 19th to 2nd December 2001, Warangal.
5. Attended Quality Improvement Programme on “Herbal Drug Technology” July 9th-21st 2001, Belgaum.
6. Attended Quality improvement Programme on “Innovation in Pharmaceutical Technology” from Feb 19th to March 3rd 2001, Belgaum.
7. Attended Quality Improvement Programme on “Recent Trends in Pharmaceutical Technology” from March 5th to 17th 2002 Belgaum.
8. Attended Quality Improvement Programme on “Advances in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Drug Research” from Jan 15th to 25th 2002, Belgaum.
INTERNATION CONFERENCES ATTENDED
1. Attended 5th International Pharmaceutical Student Federation Scientific Symposium, 1st to 7th March 2004 at Bangkok, at Thailand
2. Attended 49th International Pharmaceutical Students Federation Congress, from 25th July to 3rd August 2003, at Singapore
3. Attended 62nd International Congress of FIP, 31st August to 5th September 2002, at Nice,
NATIONAL CONFERENCES ATTENDED
1. Attended Continuing Pharmacy Education on Medical Errors, 29th July 2006, at Belgaum.
2. Attended Indo – Australian Symposium on Pharmacogenomics, March 10th 2006 at Manipal.
3. Attended 1st Indo – Japanese International Conference on Advances in Pharmaceutical research and Technology, November 25th to 29th, 2005 at Mumbai.
4. Attended 6th International Symposium on Advances in Technology and Business of New Drug Delivery Systems, Feb. 18th to 19th, 2005 at Mumbai.
5. Attended 56th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, 3rd to 5th December 2004, at Kolkata
6. Attended 5th International Symposium on Advances in Technology and Business Potential of New Drug Delivery Systems, 16th to 17th Feb. 2004, at Mumbai
7. Attended 2nd Global Congress on Cosmetic Technologies, 13th to 15th Feb. 2004, at Belgaum
8. Attended Research Methodology, Biostatistics and Ethical Aspects of Research Conducted by the University on 25th and 26th of August. 2004 at Bangalore
9. Attended PERD Centre 5th International Symposium on Innovations in Pharmaceutical
Sciences and Technology, 1st to 3rd Feb, 2004 at Mumbai.
10. Attended PERD Centre, Site Specific Drug Delivery, January 31st, 2003 at Mumbai
11. Attended 8th APTI National Convention 17th & 18th, October 2003, Hubli.
12. Attended 54th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, 13th to 15th December 2002, at Pune
13. Attended the workshop “Site Specific Drug Delivery System” December 31st, 2002, Mumbai
14. Attended 7th APTI National Convention 20th and 21st, September 2002, Goa.
15. Attended “International Convention of Pharmacy Educators” March 16th and 17th 2002, at Bangalore.
16. Attended International symposium on Advance in Technology and Business Potential of
New Drug Delivery Systems, held at SciTech Center, Mumbai on 22nd – 23rd Feb. 2002.
17. Attended 53rd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, 21st to 23rd December 2001, at New Delhi.
18. Attended the workshop “Liposomes and Drug Delivery” December 20th, 2001, New Delhi.
19. Attended 52nd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, 1st to 3rd December 2000, at Hyderabad.
INVITED LECTURES DELIVERED IN SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS & Q.I.P
1. “GMP and cGMP Considerations” In A.M. Shaikh Homoeopathic Medical College P.G. and Research Centre, Belgaum, on 22/10/2008.
2. “Development and Review Process of NDA, ANDA/AADA and OTC” In AICTE sponsored quality improvement programme on “Innovations In Pharmaceutical Technology and Drug Delivery Systems” from 21st July to 1st August 2008, KLES’s College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
3. “Salient Features of Quality Assurance” In AICTE sponsored quality improvement programme on “Innovations in Pharmaceutical Technology and Drug Delivery Systems” from 21st July to 1st August 2008, KLES’s College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
4. “Nanotechnology Based Drug Delivery” In AICTE sponsored quality improvement programme on “Drug Development and Process Research” from 10th to 21st March 2008, KLES’s College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
5. “Genomics and Proteomics Based Drug Discovery” In AICTE sponsored quality improvement programme on “Drug Development and Process Research” from 10th to 21st March 2008, KLES’s College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
6. “Applications of Bioinformatics in Drug Development and Process Research” In AICTE sponsored quality improvement programme on “Drug Development and Process Research” from 10th to 21st March 2008, KLES’s College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
7. “Current Pharmacology and Toxicology Guidelines for Pharmaceutical Industry” In AICTE sponsored quality improvement programme on “Advanced and Techniques Involved in Pharmacological Research” from 19th to 30th November 2007, KLES’s College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
8. “Regulatory Guidelines for Pre-clinical & Clinical Validation of Traditional Medicines” In National Seminar on “Current Trends in Preclinical and Clinical Validation of Traditional Medicines” at Bagalkot, 18th & 19th August 2007.
9. “Drug Discovery-New Drug Development Process” Quality Improvement Programme of AICTE on Pharmacognosy: Phytochemistry and Drug Discovery in 21st Century, from 2nd July to 13th July 2007, KLE’s College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
10. “An Overview of Trades, Copyrights and Patents” Quality Improvement Programme of AICTE on Quality Assurance and Pharmaceutical Affairs-Challenges and Opportunities, 20th to 31st March 2006, KLES’s College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
11. “Patent Search and Drafting of Patent Claims” Quality Improvement Programme of AICTE on Quality Assurance and Pharmaceutical Affairs-Challenges and Opportunities, 20th – 31st March 2006, KLES’s College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
12. “Webcast – The Empirical Evidence on Patents” Quality Improvement Programme of AICTE on Quality Assurance and Pharmaceutical Affairs-Challenges and Opportunities, 20th – 31st March 2006, KLES’s College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
1. Co-Chairman for Scientific Poster Session in National Seminar on “Current Trends in Preclinical and Clinical Validation of Traditional Medicines” at Bagalkot, 19th August 2007.
2. Project for starting Master of Pharmacy under the Department of Pharmacology, KLE University, J.N. Medical College, Belgaum., 2007
3. Project for starting Bachelor of Pharmacy for Women under J. N. Medical College, KLE University, Belgaum., 2007
4. As a Co-Convener for AICTE Quality Improvement Programme for “Quality Assurance and Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs – Challenges and Opportunity” at Department of Pharmaceutics, KLES’s College of Pharmacy, Belgaum., 2006.
1. On Patents from Government of India, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, National Institute for Intellectual Property Management, Nagpur.
2. DL-001E Primer on Intellectual Property from World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
3. DL-101 General Course on Intellectual Property from World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
1. 2nd Pharmaceutical Sciences World Congress, travel grant for Kyoto, Japan
2. 31st Annual Meeting of Controlled Release Society, travel grant for Honolulu, Hawaii.
3. 5th International Pharmaceutical Student Federation, travel grant for Singapore.
INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE IN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
• Patent search, analysis, drafting,
• Analysis of ParaIV
• Strategy of API’s and Formulation,
• NDA & ANDA’s for USA
• Dossier for Europe
M. Pharm., Drug Delivery (Pharmaceutics) Research Projects
Name of Candidates
Title of Project
Mr. Jeet Singh
“Preparation and Evaluation of Biodegradable Polymeric Nanoparticles for Cancer Therapy”
2008 - 09
Mr. Ganesh Derkar
“A Novel Approach: Design and Characterization of Nanocrystals of Lovastatin for Solubility and Dissolution Enhancement”
2008 - 09
Mr. Hiren Bechra
“Hydralazine Hydrochloride Loaded Albumin Microspheres for Intramuscular Administration-Design and Characterization”
2008 - 09
Ms. Didhija Patel
“Development and Evaluation of Micro particulate System of Highly Insoluble Drug Sirolimus”
2008 - 09
“Transdermal Therapeutic System of Diltiazem HCl: Effect of Hydrophilic and Lipophilic Matrix on Invitro Characteristics”
2008 - 09
Mr. Manjappa A. S A Novel In-Situ Gel For Sustained Ophthalmic
Delivery of Ketorolac Tromethamine- Design and Characterization
2006 - 07
1. Prof. Dr. F. V. Manvi
KLESs College of Pharmacy
Ph. No. + 91- 831 - 2471399
Fax. No. + 91 - 831- 2472387
Cell No : 00919845255552
3. Dr. Guru V. Betageri,
Professor and Chair
Department of Pharmaceutical Science
Collage of Pharmacy, Western University of
309 E. Second St
Pomona, CA, 91766, USA
Phone No: (909) 469-5500
Fax No: (909) 469-5600
4. Dr. Kumaresh Soppimath
Collage of Pharmacy
Western University of Health Sciences
309, 2nd street
Cell No: 0019094381768
5. Dr. Pranav Shivakumar
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and
Department of Pediatrics,
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center,
3333, Burnet Avenue,
Cincinnati, Ohio - 45229.
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org