My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
Nanotechnology in Textiles and Polymers, Nanobiotechnology, Antibacterial Finishing, Nanocoating, Nanocomposites, Medical Textiles and broadly Technical Textiles.
Nanotechnology in Textiles and Polymers, Nanobiotechnology, Antibacterial Finishing, Nanocoating, Nanocomposites, Medical Textiles and broadly Technical Textiles. nanomedicine, Work with Biopolymer, Biomedical Engg.
International Refereed Journal
1. Joshi, M.; Ali, S. Wazed; Rajendran, S. Antibacterial finishing of polyester/cotton blend fabrics using neem (Azadirachta Indica): a natural bioactive agent, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2007, 106, 793.
2. M Joshi, A Bhattacharyya and S Wazed Ali, Characterization Techniques for Nanotechnology Applications in Textiles, Indian Journal of Fibre and Textile Research Vol.33 (3) [September 2008], 304-317. (Special Issue)
3. M. Joshi, S. Wazed Ali, R. Purwar, and S. Rajendran, Eco-friendly natural product based antimicrobial textiles: a review, Indian Journal of Fibre and Textile Research Vol.34 (3) [September 2009], 295-304.
4. S. Wazed Ali, S. Rajendran and Mangala Joshi. ‘Effect of process parameters on layer-by-layer self-assembly of polyelectrolytes on cotton substrate’ Polymers & Polymer Composites, 18 (5) (2010) 175 – 188.
5. S. Wazed Ali, S. Rajendran and Mangala Joshi. ‘Modulation of size, shape and surface charge of chitosan nanoparticles with special reference to antimicrobial activity’ Advance Science Letters, 3 (2010) 1-9 (American Scientific publication, ASP).
6. S. Wazed Ali, S. Rajendran and Mangala Joshi. ‘Synthesis and characterization of chitosan nanoparticles with enhanced antimicrobial activity’ International Journal of Nanoscience (World Scientific Publishing Company) (accepted for publication).
7. S. Wazed Ali, S. Rajendran and Mangala Joshi. ‘Synthesis and characterization of chitosan nanoparticles for bioactive polyester’ Carbohydrate Polymers (under review).
8. S. Wazed Ali, R. Purwar, M. Joshi, and S. Rajendran. ‘Aloe vera – a potential eco-friendly biopolymer to impart antibacterial activity to cotton textiles’ Journal of Applied Polymer Science (under review).
1. Mangala Joshi & S. Wazed Ali, ‘Functionalisation of Textile Substrates using Nanocoatings’, Asian Technical Textiles, Oct- Dec 2008, Page 33 – 37.
1. S. Wazed Ali, Mangala Joshi and S. Rajendran. ‘A Unique Layer-by-layer Self-assembly Nanocoating Technique for Imparting Antimicrobial Effect to Textiles by Using Chitosan Nanoparticles’ The 6th International Conference on Textile and Polymer Biotechnology, 23 - 25 September 2009, Gent, Belgium (Oral Presentation)
2. S. Wazed Ali, M. Joshi and S. Rajendran. ‘Aloe Vera – A Potential Eco-friendly Biopolymer To Impart Antibacterial Activity To Hygiene Textiles’ Research & Innovation Conference, 16th September 2009, The University of Bolton, Reebok Stadium, United Kingdom. (oral Presentation)
3. Mangala Joshi, S Wazed Ali, Neha Agarwal. ‘Functional Nanocoatings on Textiles through Layer-by-Layer Self Assembly’ The Fiber Society Spring Conference May 27-29, 2009, (Spring Annual Meeting and Technical Conference, Donghua University, Shanghai, China) (Oral Presentation)
4. S Wazed Ali, Neha Agarwal and Mangala Joshi, ‘Nanocoating on Textile Substrates through Layer-by-layer Self-assembly Technique’ Polymer Processing Society (PPS25), March 1-5, 2009, Goa, India. (Poster Presentation)
5. S. Wazed Ali, R. Purwar, P. Gopinathan and M. Joshi, Oral presentation on ‘Application of Neem Extract on Textiles as Antibacterial Finishing Agent’ in WORLD NEEM CONFERENCE, 21st-24th November 2007, Coimbatote, India organized by Neem Foundation, Mumbai, India. (Oral Presentation)
6. S. Wazed Ali and M. Joshi. “Bioactive Polyester and Polyester/Cotton Blend Fabrics using Neem Extracts (Azadarichta Indica)” International Conference on Technical Textiles, 11 & 12th November 2006, organized by Department of Textile Technology, IIT Delhi, New Delhi, India. (1st Prize – Poster Presentation)
7. M. Joshi, R. Purwar, S. Wazed Ali and S. Rajendran ‘Antimicrobial Textiles for Health and Hygiene Applications based on Eco-friendly Natural Products,’ Medtex 2007: Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Healthcare and Medical Textiles Edited by J F Kennedy, Chembiotech Ltd, S C Anand, M Miraftab and S Rajendran, Univeristy of Bolton, UK, Woodhead Textiles Series No. 75 (to be Published in April 2010). (Oral Presentation)
8. S. Wazed Ali, B. Gupta and M. Joshi ‘Antimicrobial Polyester Using Neem Extracts,’ Medtex 2007: Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Healthcare and Medical Textiles Edited by J F Kennedy, Chembiotech Ltd, S C Anand, M Miraftab and S Rajendran, Univeristy of Bolton, UK, Woodhead Textiles Series No. 75 (to be Published in April 2010). (2nd Prize – Poster Presentation)
9. S. Wazed Ali and M. Joshi, Poster exhibition on ‘Bioactive Polyester and Polyester/Cotton Blend Fabrics using Neem Extracts (Azadirachta Indica)’ in Texmac India 2007 (17th – 20th January) held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, India.
10. S. Wazed Ali, M. Joshi and S. Rajendran. ‘Synthesis and Characterization of Chitosan Nanoparticles with Enhanced Antimicrobial Activity’ International Conference on Nano Science and Technology (ICONSAT-2010) February 17-20, 2010, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India. (Poster Presentation)
11. S. Wazed Ali, M. Joshi and S. Rajendran. ‘A Novel Layer-by-layer Self-assembly Nanocoating Technique for Imparting Antimicrobial Activity to Textiles by Using Chitosan Nanoparticles’ AATCC International Conference May 18-20, 2010 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Ga., USA. (Paper accepted for Oral Presentation)
12. S. Wazed Ali, M. Joshi and S. Rajendran. ‘Aloe vera – a potential biopolymer to impart antibacterial finishing to cotton textiles’. International Conference on Healthcare and Hygiene Textiles and Clothing’. 30 - 31st July 2010 (HEAT 2010), Coimbatore, India (accepted for oral presentation).
13. S. Rajendran, S. Wazed Ali and M. Joshi. ‘Application of solvent systems to modify the structure of PET and thereby imbuing biopolymers for imparting antibacterial activity’ International Conference on Healthcare and Hygiene Textiles and Clothing. 30 - 31st July 2010 (HEAT 2010), Coimbatore, India (accepted for oral presentation).
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, New Delhi, India
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
Many thanks for your msg. Unfortunately, I longer work in nanotechnology group. But keep on applying I am sure some thing will click. You just need to be at right place at right time.
With best regards,
Well, nowaday I am working in other division from the Advanced Materials Department, related with carbon nanotubes polymer nanocomposites. I was working in the Nanobiotechnology division from this department two years ago. At the present time, I don´t know if there is a post doc position in that division. However, I can give you the contact with that division. Then you can write to this person if you are interested.
The contact is:
Phd. Jorge Romero García
No Wazed. There was one Post doc position vacant for a while but someone from US has been selected and is coming now. I will let you know if any post docs are vacant. Try in melbourne uni or monash uni, they are good.
No comments yet!
Welcome to The International NanoScience Community
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at email@example.com