My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
Nano-materials' synthesis and characterizations.
application of nano-materials
1) Das, M.; Mishra, D.; Dhak, P.; Gupta, S.; Maiti, T. K.; Basak, A.; Pramanik, P. Biofunctionalized, Phosphonate-Grafted, Ultrasmall Iron-Oxide Nanoparticles for Cancer-Targeted Therapy and Multimodality Imaging, Small, 2009, 5, 2883 – 2893.
2) Prasanta Dhak, Debasis Dhak, Manasmita Das, Kausikisankar Pramanik, Panchanan Pramanik. Impedance spectroscopy study of LaMnO3 modified BaTiO3 ceramics. Materials Science and Engineering B xxx (2009) In press.
3) Sasmita Mohapatra, Panchanan Pramanik. Synthesis and stability of functionalized iron oxide nanoparticles using organophosphorus coupling agents. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 339 (2009) 35–42.
4) Tanmay K. Ghorai, Susmita Pramanik, Panchanan Pramanik. Synthesis and photocatalytic oxidation of different organic dyes by using Mn2O3/TiO2 solid solution and visible light.Applied Surface Science 255 (2009) 9026–9031.
5) S. Ray, A. Banerjee, P. Pramanik. Shape controlled synthesis, characterization and photoluminescence properties of YVO4:Dy3+/Eu3+ phosphors. Materials Science and Engineering B 156 (2009)10–17.
6) Nabakumar Pramanik, Sasmita Mohapatra, Parag Bhargava , Panchanan Pramanik. Chemical synthesis and characterization of hydroxyapatite (HAp)-poly (ethylene co vinyl alcohol) (EVA) nanocomposite using a phosphonic acid coupling agent for orthopedic applications. Materials Science and Engineering C 29 (2009) 228–236.
7) S. Mohapatra, N. Panda , P. Pramanik. Boronic acid functionalized superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticle as a novel tool for adsorption of sugar. Materials Science and Engineering C 29 (2009) 2254–2260.
8) B.C. Yadav, Richa Srivastava, C.D. Dwivedi, P. Pramanik. Synthesis of nano-sized ZnO using drop wise method and its performance as moisture sensor. Sensors and Actuators A 153 (2009) 137–141.
9) Arpita Sarkar, Panchanan Pramanik. Synthesis of mesoporous niobium oxophosphate using niobium tartrate precursor by soft templating method. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 117 (2009) 580–585.
10) Manasmita Das, Debashish Mishra, T K Maiti, Amit Basak and P Pramanik*, Biofunctionalization of magnetite nanoparticles using an aminophosphonic acid coupling agent: new, ultradispersed, iron-oxide-folate nanoconjugates for cancer-specific targeting , 19(41) (2008 ) 415101.
11) Tanmay K. Ghorai, Debasis Dhak, Sudipta Dalai and Panchanan Pramanik , Studies on phase formation temperature and photocatalytic properties of nano-sized solid solution of nickel molybdate and chromium–phosphate (NixCr1−xMoxP1−xO4) Applied Catalysis A: General, 339(2) (2008) 137-144
12) Dhak Prasanta, Dhak Debasis, Pramanik Kausikisankar and Pramanik Panchanan Studies of structural and electrical properties of Ca1−xBi2+yNb2O9 [0.0 ≤ x ≤ 0.4; 0.000 ≤ y ≤ 0.266] ferroelectric ceramics prepared by organic precursor decomposition method, Solid State Sciences, 10(12) (2008) 1936-1946.
1) Arpita Sarkar, Susmita Pramanik, Amitava Achariya, and Panchanan Pramanik, “A novelsol–gel synthesis of mesoporous ZrO2–MoO3/WO3 mixed oxides” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 115(3) (2008) 426-431.
2) S. K. Biswas, T. Gnanasekaran, T. K. Ghorai, P. Pramanik “Sensing Properties of Chemically Synthesized Pristine and Pt Impregnated Nanosized FeNbO4 in Hydrogen, Ammonia, and LPG” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 155(1) (2008) 26-31.
3) B.C. Yadav, Richa Srivastava, C.D. Dwivedi and P. Pramanik, “Moisture sensor based on ZnO nanomaterial synthesized through oxalate route.” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 131(1) (2008) 216-222.
4) S. K. Biswas, P. Pramanik “Studies on the gas sensing behaviour of nanosized CuNb2O6 towards ammonia, hydrogen and liquefied petroleum gas”, Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 133 (2008) 449-455.
S. K. Biswas, D. Dhak, A. Pathak, P. Pramanik Chemical synthesis of environment-friendly nanosized yellow titanate pigments, Materials Research Bulletin 43(3) (2008) 665-675
9) S .Mohapatra, S .K. Mallick, T.K.Maiti, S.K.Ghosh and. P. Pramanik, Synthesis of highly stable folic acid conjugated magnetite nanoparticles for targeting cancer cellls; Nanotechnology 18, (2007), 1-9
10) S. K. Biswas, A. Pathak, N. K. Pramanik, D. Dhak, P. Pramanik, Codoped Cr and W Rutile Nanosized Powders obtained by Pyrolysis of Triethanolamine Complex, Ceramics International 34, (2008), 1875-1883
11) D. Dhak. P. Dhak. T. Ghorai. S. K. Biswas, P. Pramanik Preparation of nano-sized ABi2Nb2O9 (A = Ca2+, Sr2+, Ba2+) ferroelectric ceramics by soluble Nb(V) tartarate precursor and their dielectric characteristics after sintering, J Mater Sci: Mater Electron DOI 10.1007/s10854-007-9361-y (2007)
12) N. Pramanik, A. Tarafdar, P. Pramanik Capping agent-assisted synthesis of nanosized hydroxyapatite: Comparative studies of their physicochemical properties, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 184 (2007) 131–138
13) T.K. Ghorai, D. Dhak, S.K. Biswas, S. Dalai, P. Pramanik Photocatalytic oxidation of organic dyes by nano-sized metal molybdate incorporated titanium dioxide (MxMoxTi1−xO6) (M = Ni, Cu, Zn) photocatalysts, Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical 273 (2007) 224–22
14) T.K. Ghorai, D. Dhak, S. Dalai and P. Pramanik, Effect of photocatalytic activities of nano-sized copper molybdate (CuMoO4)-doped bismuth titanate (Bi2Ti4O11) (CMBT) alloy ;Materials Research Bulletin, 43(7) (2007) 1770-1780
15) S. Ray, A. Patra and P. Pramanik Photoluminescence properties of nanocrystalline Tb3+ doped Y2O3 phosphor prepared through a novel synthetic route, Optical Materials,30(4) (2007) 608-616
16) Sasmita Mohapatra , Nabakumar Pramanik ,Samrat Mukherjee , Sudip K. Ghosh ,Panchanan Pramanik A simple synthesis of amine-derivatised superparamagnetic iron Oxide nanoparticles for bioapplications, J Mater Sci. 42 (2007) 7566–7574.
17) D.R. Sahu, D.K. Mishra, S.H. Hung, P. Pramanik, B.K. Roul La0.67Ca0.33MnO3 thin films on Si (1 0 0) by DC magnetron sputtering technique using nanosized powder compacted target, Materials Research Bulletin, 42 (2007) 1119–1127
18) S. Sen, R.N.P Choudhary, P. Pramanik Structural and electrical properties of Ca2+-modified PZT electroceramics, Physica B, 387 (2007) 56–62
19) N. K. Pramanik, S. K. Biswas, P. Pramanik Synthesis and characterization of hydroxyapatite-polyvinyl alcohol phosphate nanocomposite biomaterials, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology (In press, 2007)
20) S. Sen, P. Pramanik, R.N.P. Choudhary Effect of Ca-additions on structural and electrical properties of Pb(SnTi)O3 nano-ceramics, Ceramics International 33 (2007) 579–587
21) Mohapatra, Sasmita; Dibyarupa Pal; Ghosh, Sudip K. and Pramanik, Panchanan, Design of Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticle for Purification of Recombinant Proteins. J NANOSCI NANOTECHNOL, 7, 1–7, 2007
22) D. Dhak, P. Dhak, T. Ghorai, and P. Pramanik, “Dielectric diffuseness and conductivity study of CuNb2O6 incorporated BaTiO3 synthesized by chemical route,” Journal of Applied Physics 102, 074117 (2007)
23) S. Sen, R. N. P. Choudhary, A. Tarafdar, P. Pramanik, Impedance spectroscopy study of strontium modified lead zirconate titanate ceramics, Journal of Applied Physics, (2006), 99(12), 124114/1-124114/8.
24) S. Barman, N. C. Pradhan, A. Acharya, P. Pramanik, Kinetics of Reductive Isopropylation of Benzene with Acetone over Nano-Copper Chromite-Loaded H-Mordenite. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (2006), 45(10), 3481-3487.
25) A.Tarafdar, P. Pramanik, Synthesis of amino-functionalized mesoporous silica-zirconia mixed oxide using sodium silicate and zirconium carbonate complex. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, (2006), 91(1-3), 221-224.
26) D. Dhak, P. Pramanik, Particle size comparison of soft-chemically prepared transition metal (Co, Ni, Cu, Zn) aluminate spinels. Journal of the American Ceramic Society (2006), 89(3), 1014-1021.
27) S. Mohapatra N. K. Pramanik, S. K. Ghosh, P. Pramanik, Synthesis and characterization of ultrafine poly (vinylalcohol phosphate) coated magnetite nanoparticles. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (2006), 6(3), 823-829.
28) N. Pramanik, P. Bhargava, S. Alam and P. Pramanik Processing and Properties of Nano- and Macro-Hydroxyapatite/Poly(ethylene-co-acrylic acid) Composites. Polymer Composites (2006), 27(6), 633-641
29) A.B.Panda, A. Pathak, P. Pramanik, Chemical synthesis of nanocrystalline strontium bismuth tantalate powders using tantalum-tartarate complex. Journal of the American Ceramic Society (2006), 89(2), 737-739.
30) D. Dhak, P. Pramanik, Characterization of nanocrystalline bismuth telluride (Bi2Te3) synthesized by a novel approach through aqueous precursor method, Journal of the American Ceramic Society (2006), 89(2), 534-537.
31) A.Tarafdar, S. Biswas, N. K. Pramanik, P. Pramanik, Synthesis of mesoporous chromium phosphate through an unconventional sol-gel route. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials (2006), 89(1-3), 204-208.
32) S. Sen, P. Pramanik, R. N. P. Choudhary, Impedance spectroscopy study of the nanocrystalline ferroelectric (PbMg)(ZrTi)O3 system. Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing (2006), 82(3), 549-557.
33) A.Tarafdar, A.B. Panda, N.C. Pradhan and P. Pramanik., Synthesis of spherical mesostructured zirconium phosphate with acidic properties. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials. 95 (1-3), 360- 365 (2006).
34) D. Dhak, S.K. Biswas and P. Pramanik., Synthesis and characterization of nanocrystalline SrBi2Nb2O9 ferroelectric ceramics using TEA as the polymeric matrix, J EUR CERAM SOC, 26(16), 3717-3723 (2006)
35) Sen, Shrabanee; Choudhary, R. N. P.; Tarafdar, Abhijit and Pramanik, P., Impedance spectroscopy study of strontium modified lead zirconate titanate ceramics, J APPL PHYS 99(12), 124114/1-124114/8, (2006).
36) Barman, Sanghamitra; Pradhan, Narayan C.; Acharya, Amitava and Pramanik, P., Kinetics of Reductive Isopropylation of Benzene with Acetone over Nano-Copper Chromite-Loaded H-Mordenite, IND ENG CHEM RES 45(10), 3481-3487 (2006) .
37) Tarafdar, A. and Pramanik, P., Synthesis of amino-functionalized mesoporous silica-zirconia mixed oxide using sodium silicate and zirconium carbonate complex. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 91(1-3), 221-224 (2006).
38) Dhak, Debasis and Pramanik, Panchanan ., Particle size comparison of soft-chemically prepared transition metal (Co, Ni, Cu, Zn) aluminate spinels, J .AM CERAM. SOC, 89(3), 1014-1021 (2006).
39) Panda, Asit Baran; Pathak, Amita and Pramanik, Panchanan. Chemical synthesis of nanocrystalline strontium bismuth tantalate powders using tantalum-tartarate complex, J AM CERAM SOC, 89(2), 737-739 (2006).
40) Dhak, Debasis; Pramanik, Panchanan. Characterization of nanocrystalline bismuth telluride (Bi2Te3) synthesized by a novel approach through aqueous precursor method, J AM CERAM SOC, 89(2), 534-537 (2006).
41) Tarafdar, A.; Biswas, Susanta; Pramanik, N. K.; Pramanik, P., Synthesis of mesoporous chromium phosphate through an unconventional sol-gel route. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 89(1-3), 204-208 (2006).
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
Indian Institute of Technology , Kharagpur 721302
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
Hello Sir , I am Shivam Rastogi, recently graduated from Jaypee University of
Information Technology, Wakhnaghat, Shimla , India in Electronics and
I got through your research page where I have seen your interest
that you are carrying out in the area of Nano-materials' synthesis and characterizations.
I have done some research work at the time of my under graduation
and published in different international publications which helps
keeping me abreast with the latest technology up-gradation in
Sir I would be very grateful if you please guide me to pursue career
for Research as further I am interested to pursue MS in Nano Science
and Technology henceforth I request you to please throw some light on
What are the opportunities do I have ?
Sir I request you to please mail me your contact details so that I can forward you my Resume .
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org