My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
Areas of research include:
(1) Electrochemical fabrication and Characterization of vertically oriented nano-architectures such as nanotubes, nanowires and nanorodes.
(2) Fabrication and Characterization of metal nanoparticles and quantum dots by colloidal and chemical bath deposition methods.
(3) CNT/Metal oxide as well as graphene/Metal Oxide hybrid structures.
(4) Applications of nanomaterials in water splitting, photovoltaics, photocatalysis, electrocatalysis, .etc
(5) Biomedical Applications of nanomaterials,
(6) Passivation of metals and semiconductors.
Pursuing Scientific Research in the area of the use of nanomaterials for renewable energy applications
1. Nageh K. Allam, Faisal Alamgir, and Mostafa A. El-Sayed,Enhanced Photoassisted Water Electrolysis Using Vertically Oriented Anodically Fabricated Ti−Nb−Zr−O Mixed Oxide Nanotube Arrays, ACS Nano, 2010, 4 (10), pp 5819–5826
2. Nageh K. Allam, Karthik Shankar and Craig A. Grimes, “A General Method for the Anodic Formation of Crystalline Metal Oxide Nanotube Arrays Without the Use of Thermal Annealing” Advanced Materials, Communication 2008, 20, 3942-3946
3. Nageh K. Allam, Xinjian J. Feng and Craig A. Grimes, “Self-assembled Fabrication of Vertically Oriented Ta2O5 Nanotube Arrays, and Membranes Thereof, by One-step Tantalum Anodization” Chemistry of Materials, 2008, 20 (20), pp 6477–6481
4. Nageh K. Allam and Craig A. Grimes, “ Room Temperature One-Step Polyol Synthesis of Anatase TiO2 Nanotube Arrays: Photoelectrochemical Properties”, LANGMUIR Volume: 25 Issue: 13 Pages: 7234-7240 Published: JUL 7 2009
5. Nageh K. Allam and Craig A. Grimes, “Effect of Rapid Infrared Annealing on the Photoelectrochemical Properties of Anodically Fabricated TiO2 Nanotube Arrays" JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY C Volume: 113 Issue: 19 Pages: 7996-7999 Published: MAY 14 2009
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
The invertion of 10G optical transceiver has greatly increase the networking speed, for the science behind the transceiver, please check website and learn about CWDM SFP transceiver, www.fiberoptictransceiver.net
The XFP (10 Gigabit Small Form Factor Pluggable) is a standard for transceivers for high-speed computer network and telecommunication links that use optical fiber.please visit www.xfptransceiver.com for more info