My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
Nonlinear optics, printable electronics
Nanophotonics, nonlinear optics, synthesis of nano structures, applications of nanomaterials in energy conversion process
1. L.Polavarapu and Qing-Hua Xu “A single-step synthesis of gold nanochains using an amino acid as a capping agent and characterization of their optical properties”Nanotechnology, 2008, 19, 075601
2. L. Polavarapu and Q.-H. Xu, M. S. Dhoni and W.Ji, "Optical limiting properties of silver nanoprisms", Appl. Phys. Lett., 2008, 92, 263110 ( Also highlighted in the July, 2008 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology),( Highlighted in Laser Focus World Magazine)
3. L. Polavarapu and Q.-H. Xu, "Water Soluble Conjugated Polymers Induced Self- Assembly of Gold Nanoparticles and Its Application to SERS", Langmuir, 2008, 24, 10608.
4. L. Polavarapu and Q.-H. Xu, “A Simple Method for Large Scale Synthesis of Highly Monodisperse Gold Nanoparticles at Room Temperature and Their Electron Relaxation Properties” Nanotechnology, 2009, 20, 185606.
5. Y.H. Lee, Y.L. Yan, L. Polavarapu, Q.-H. Xu, “Nonlinear Optical Switching Behavior of Au Nanocubes and Nanooctahedra Investigated by Femtosecond Z-scan Measurements” Appl. Phys. Lett., 2009, 95, 023105. ( Also highlighted in the August
2009(Vol 8, issue 8) issue of Virtual Journal of Ultrafast Science)
6. L. Polavarapu, N. Venkatram, Wei Ji, and Qing-Hua Xu, “Optical Limiting Properties of Oleylamine Capped Gold Nanoparticles for Both femtosecond and Nanosecond Laser Pulses” ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, 2009,
7. L. Polavarapu, Manoj Manna, Qing-Hua Xu “One and Two-photon Imaging of Cancer Cells Using Biocompatible Water Soluble Quantum Size Gold Clusters as Fluorescent labels” Nanoscale, 2010, 3, 429.
8. Yu Kuai, L Polavarapu, Qing-Hua Xu. “Excitation Wavelength and Intensity Dependent Femtosecond Transient Absorption Studies on Electron Dynamics of Gold Nanorods” Journal of Physical chemistry A, In Press
9. L. Polavarapu, Kiran Kumar Manga, Yu Kuai, Priscilla Kailian Ang, Cao Hanh Duyen, Janardhan Balapanuru, Kian Ping Loh, Qing-Hua Xu. “Alkylamine Capped Metal anoparticle “Inks” for Printable SERS Substrates, Electronics and Broadband
Photon Detectors” Nanoscale, ( In press)
10. N. Venkatram*, L Polavarapu* et.all Transient hotoconductivity and femtosecond nonlinear optical properties of a conjugated polymer–graphene oxide composite Nanotechnology, 2010, 21, 415203(*Equal Contribution)
11. Venkatesh Mamidala*, L. Polavarapu*, Wei Ji, and Qing-Hua Xu, “Enhanced Nonlinear Optical response in Donor-Acceptor complexes via Photo induced Electron/Energy Transfer ” Optics express, 2010, 18, 25928. ( *Equal Contribution)
12. Qiaoliang Bao, Han Zhang, Zhenhua Ni§, Yu Wang, L.Polavarapu, Kian Ping Loh,Zexiang Shen, Qing-Hua Xu, and Ding Yuan Tang “ Monolayer Graphene as Saturable Absorber in Modelocked Laser” Nanoresearch, 2011, 4, 297
13. Janardhan Balapanuru, Jia-Xiang Yang, Si Xiao, Qiaoliang Bao, Maryam Jahan, L Polavarapu, Qing- Hua Xu, Ji Wei, Kian Ping Loh “Graphene Oxide-Organic Dye Ionic Complex with DNA Sensing and Optical Limiting Properties”, Angewandte
Chemie, 2010, 49, 1
14. M. D. Regulacio, C. Ye, S.H. Lim, M. Bosman, L.Polavarapu, Q.-H. Xu and M.-Y.Han, “One-Pot Synthesis of Cu1.94S-CdS and Cu1.94S-ZnxCd1-xS Nanodisk Heterostructures” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 2052
15. Zhenping Guan, L. Polavarapu, and Qing-Hua Xu, “Enhanced Two-photon Emission in Coupled Metal nanoparticles Induced by Conjugated Polymers” Langmuir, 2010,26, 18020
16. Y.H. Lee, L. Polavarapu, et al. “Recent advances in metal enhanced opticalstudies”COSMOS, 2010, 6, 167 ( Review article)
17. Ting Ting Chng, L. Polavarapu, Qing-Hua Xu, Wei Ji, and Hua Chun Zeng “Rapid ynthesis of Highly Monodisperse AuxAg1-x Alloy Nanoparticles via a Half-Seeding Approach” Langmuir, (In Press)
18. L. Polavarapu, Kiran Kumar Manga, Cao Hanh Duyen, Kian Ping Loh, Qing-Hua Xu.“Fabrication of conducting silver films at mild temperatures for organic electronics”Chemistry of Materials, (In press)
19. Yu Kuai, L Polavarapu, Qing-Hua Xu. “Dual Optical Properties of Au/Ag Core/Shell Nanorods Studied by Ultrafast Transient Absorption Spectroscopy”Journal of Physical chemistry C ( In Press
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
National University of Singapore
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
I am Shivam Rastogi, recently graduated from Jaypee University of
Information Technology, Wakhnaghat, Shimla , India in Electronics and
I got through your research page where I have seen your interest
that you are carrying out in the area of Nano Science
I have done some research work at the time of my under graduation
and published in different international publications which helps
keeping me abreast with the latest technology up-gradation in
Sir I would be very grateful if you please guide me to pursue career
for Research as further I am interested to pursue MS in Nano Science
and Technology henceforth I request you to please throw some light on
What are the opportunities do I have ?
Sir Please mail me your contact details so that I can send you my Resume.
contact details: +91-7206256759
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at email@example.com