"Spicy world of NanoScience" since 2007
Fully funded PhD position in physics/chemistry/nanoscience from October 2012
- High-throughput production of nanoclusters by condensation of atomic vapours on liquid jets -
A fully-funded PhD position (for UK/EU resident candidates only) under supervision of Klaus von Haeften is available in the Physics Department at the University of Leicester, UK. A revolutionary nanoparticle production method based on liquid jets in vacuum will be explored with the aim to understand size distribution, controlled oxidation of the nanoparticle surface and interaction with liquid/solid substrates. The following analytical facilities are available: photofluorescence, FTIR, Raman, XPS/UPS, Auger, Leed, AFM/STM.
Please apply online (http://www2.le.ac.uk/study/postgrad/how-to-apply/applyphd) following the guidelines provided by the University of Leicester. Please send in addition an email to Klaus von Haeften (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following attached:
- A cover letter stating the motivation for applying to the position, your specific skills so that we get an idea why we should consider you for the job.
- a short CV stating your previous research activities/field of undergraduate study (i.e. surfaces science, spectroscopy etc)/(expected) final mark
- Two references (email address and telephone number)
- If you apply from non-UK/non-EU countries please provide evidence that you hold additional funding to cover the difference between overseas tuition fees and home/EU tuition fees.
PhD start date: October 2012 earliest
application closing date: 15 August 2012