My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
Synthesis of nano-sized particles from microorganisms with antibacterial properties is of great interest in the development of new pharmaceutical products. Our current research works on synthesis of silver bionanoparticles using various fungi and bacteria isolated from various sources and evaluation of their antimicrobial activity against human pathogenic and broad spectrum antibiotic resistant bacteria like MDR, namely Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus and Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus epidermis (MRSA and MRSE). As part of study, the silver bionanoparticles characterized especially for their effects on cell line culture so as to analyze their bio-safety as an anti-bacterial material, which would help to determine their potential applications for the development of a nanomedicine. Silver nanoparticles (Ag-NPs) have been known to have inhibitory and bactericidal effects. In this article we present the synthesis of Ag-NPs prepared by biological reduction from aqueous solutions of silver nitrate, containing the cell inclusion of fungi and bacteria. The results of the characterization of the Ag-NPs show agglomerates of grains with a narrow size distribution (from 40 to 60 nm), whereas the radii of the individual particles are between 10 and 20 nm. The standard dilution of micro method, determining the minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) leading to inhibition of bacterial growth which would be a therapeutic landmark against broad spectrum antibiotics.
Nanobiotechnology and its application on human health
S.No Name of the Authors Title of the paper
Name of the International Journal
with ISSN No Name of the Publisher
Issue/ Year Impact Factor h- index
Saravanan M and Nanda A.
Biosynthesis of Silver nanoparticles from Aspergillus clavatus and its Antimicrobial Activity against MRSA and MRSE.
Colloids and Surfaces B : Biointerfaces
Elsevier - Abroad
Vol.77 n.2 pp: 214-218,
2 Nanda, A and Saravanan M Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles from Staphylococcus aureus and its antimicrobial activity against MRSA And MRSE. Journal of Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, biology and medicine
ISSN: 1549-9634 Elsevier - Abroad 5:452–456
S.No Name of the Authors Title of the paper
Name of the National Journal
With ISSN No Name of the Publisher
1. Anima Nanda and M. Lakshmipathy Biosynthesis and Prophylactic efficacy of silver nanoparticles Proceedings of the Indian National Science Academy Accepted (16/05/12)
2. Anima Nanda and M. Lakshmipathy A study on the Microbiological influence and its Impact on the preparation of silver nanoparticles Proceedings of the “National conference on Trends in Renewable Energy, Sources, Applications and Technologies”
ISBN:978-81-922119-3-0 pp.234-237, 2012
3. Anima Nanda and R. Jayavarthanan Production and characterization of silver nanoparticles by using gram negative bacteria Proceedings of the “National conference on Trends in Renewable Energy, Sources, Applications and Technologies”
ISBN:978-81-922119-3-0 pp.185-187, 2012
4. Anima Nanda, Akila S and Menaka K Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of silver nanoparticles from Penicillium oxalicum and MTCC 4931 Proceedings of the “National conference on Trends in Renewable Energy, Sources, Applications and Technologies”
ISBN:978-81-922119-3-0 pp.179-181, 2012
5. Anima Nanda, Shahnaz M and Amin M Controllable preparation of silver nanoparticles and investigation of bactericidal properties Proceedings of the “National conference on Trends in Renewable Energy, Sources, Applications and Technologies”
ISBN:978-81-922119-3-0 pp.182-184, 2012
6. Anima Nanda and Zarina A Bactericidal effect of MTCC 924 and MTCC 925 nanoparticles synthesized by actinomycetes Proceedings of the “National conference on Trends in Renewable Energy, Sources, Applications and Technologies”
ISBN:978-81-922119-3-0 pp.230-233, 2012
7. Nayak, B. K. and Nanda, A. Antibacterial potency of five medicinal plants on Respiratory tract infectious pathogens.
Environ. Biol. Conservn. Vol.15,pp. 36-40 2010.
8. M. Saravanan and Nanda, A. Incidence of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) from septicemia suspected children. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2: 36-39
9. Nayak, B. K. and Nanda, A. Studies on of airborne fungal spores of a college library in an industrial city of Tamilnadu.
Indian Journal of Aerobiol. 22: 29-33.
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
PROFESSOR & HEAD, DEPARTMENT OF BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING, SATHYABAMA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI-600119, INDIA
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org