My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
Nanoparticles for drug delivery
LIST OF RESEARCH PATENTS OF DR. DIMPLE CHOPRA
1. Shah DI, Kaur G, Singh S, Java PR, Chopra D, Bansal G, Singh N, Singh M.
STATIN LOADED BRAIN PERMEABLE NANOPARTICLES AND METHOD
OF PREPARATION. WTO Indian Patent Application No. 87/DEL/2007.
2. Shah DI, Kaur G, Chaudhary A, Java PR, Chopra D, Bansal G, Singh N, Singh M.
ROSAGLITAZONE LOADED BRAIN PERMEABLE NANOPARTICLES AND
METHOD OF PREPARATION. WTO Indian Patent Application No. 86/DEL/2007
LIST OF RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS OF DR. DIMPLE CHOPRA
1. Singh B, Dhake AS, Sethi D, Paul Y. In Silico ADME Predictions using Quantitative
Structure Pharmacokinetic Relationships. Part I: Fundamental Aspects, The Pharma
Review 2007; August: 93-100.
2. Singh B, Paul Y, Grover M, Sethi D. In Silico ADME Predictions using Quantitative
Structure Pharmacokinetic Relationships. Part III: Methodologies and Updated Literature
Review, The Pharma Review 2007; December: 179-186.
3. Chopra D, Gulati M, Singh S, Duggal S, Kumar R. Use of Liposomal Drugs in the
treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Current Rheumatology Reviews 2008; 4(1): 63-70.
(Bentham Science Publishers have recently requested for an updated version of the
4. Chopra, D, Sinha, V.R., Singh, M. Thermal and Isothermal Methods in Development of
Sustained Release Dosage Forms of Ketorolac Tromethamine. E-J.Chem 2008; 5(2): 316-
322. (IF: 0.75)
5. Chopra, D, Gulati, M., Saluja, V., Pathak, P., Bansal, P. Brain Permeable Nanoparticles.
Recent Patents on CNS Drug Discovery (ISSN: 1574-8898) 2008; 3(3): 216-225. (This
article has been rated first in the list of top ten articles published on the same topic
as per survey of BioMed Lib).
6. Bhatia A, Shard P, Chopra D, Mishra T. Chitosan nanoparticles as carrier of
Immunorestoratory plant extract: synthesis, characterization and Immunorestoratory
efficacy. International Journal of Drug Delivery (ISSN: 0975-0215) 2011; 3: 381-385.
7. Dimple Chopra, Bhawna Gauri, Neha Kanwal and Mehak Minas “USE OF
NANOTECNOLOGY IN SPORTS”. Publication of Sports Science Deparment, Punjabi
8. Bhawna Gauri, Shailendra K Singh, Dimple Chopra. “FORMULATION AND
EVALUATION OF COLON TARGETED ORAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS FOR
METRONIDAZOLE IN TREATMENT OF AMOEBIASIS”. Vol 2(4), December-2011,
International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences.
LIST OF INVITED RESEARCH TALKS OF DR. DIMPLE CHOPRA
1. Invited as a speaker at 2nd World Congress on Pharmaceutics & Novel Drug Delivery
Systems, 20-22 February 2012 San Francisco, USA.
2. Invited as a speaker to deliver a talk on “Brain permeable nanoparticles” at Fourth
Academic Congress of International Chinese Neurosurgical Sciences on June 18-20,
2010 held in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China.
3. Invited as a speaker to deliver a talk on “Dosage Form Design” at PCTE-Institute of
4. Invited as a speaker to deliver a talk on “Nanomedicine in the diagnosis and therapy of
neurodegenerative disorders”, National conference on medical biotechnology, held at
Maharashi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana, 16-18 April, 2010.
5. Invited as a speaker to deliver a talk on “Use of Natural Products in Synthesis of
Nanoparticles”, National seminar on held at Maharishi Markandeshwar University,
Mullana (Ambala)- Haryana.
LIST OF WORKSHOPS ATTENTED BY DR DIMPLE CHOPRA
1. BIOTECH VISTAS-2011 organized by Department of Biotechnology, Punjabi
University, Patiala, March 2-3, 2011.
2. IMMOBILIZATION TECHNIQUES FOR MINIATURIZED MICROARRAY BASED
BIOSENSORS organized by Department of Biotechnology, Punjabi University, Patiala,
January 10-14, 2011.
3. PATENT AWARENESS WORKSHOP organized by School of Management and Social
Sciences, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala.
RESEARCH PAPERS / ABSTRACTS IN NATIONAL/ INTERNATIONAL
CONFERENCES/ SEMINARS (DR. DIMPLE CHOPRA)
1. Saluja V, Pathak P, Chopra D. “Nanoparticle: As a drug delivery vehicle to brain.”
National Seminar on Modern Trends in Supramolecular Nanotechnology &
Nanomedicine held at Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University of Science and
Technology, Ahmedabad on 16-17 March, 2007.
2. Chopra D, Arora S, Singh M, Gulati M, Singh S. Therapeutic effect of azathioprine
loaded poly (D,L-lactic/glycolic acid) nanoparticles on adjuvant-induced arthritis in rats.
Nanotechnology in Advanced Drug Delivery held at National Institute of
Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali on 17-18, February, 2006.
3. Kaur J, Chopra D, Singh M. Biodegradable PLGA nanoparticles as drug carriers for
azathioprine: an immunosuppressive agent. MED BIOTECH 2005 held at Department
of Biotechnology, Punjabi University, Patiala, on 2-3 February, 2005.
4. Chopra D, Singh M, Sinha VR. Influence of formulation variables on sustained release
tablets of ketorolac tromethamine. National Seminar on Pharmaceutics in the light of
drug delivery challenges held at University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Punjab
University, Chandigarh, on 14-15 March, 2003.
5. Aggarwal G, Chopra D, Singh M. Various approaches for complete and sustained
release of Prednisolone, a poorly water soluble drug. 56th Indian Pharmaceutical
Congress held at Kolkata, on 3-5 December, 2004.
6. Jindal M, Chawla S, Kaushal N, Chopra D. Formulation and Evaluation of Capsaicin
Loaded Niosomal Gel as Anti-Arthritic Agent. International Conference on Drug
Discovery on Natural Products and Traditional Medicine (DDNP-TM), held at
NIPER, Mohali, on 16-20 November, 2008.
7. Jindal M, Chopra D. Formulation and Evaluation of Curcumin Loaded Niosomal Gel as
Anti-Arthritic Agent, National conference on Innovations in Drug Discovery and
Research held at Punjabi University, Patiala. 3-5 March-2009.
8. Saluja V, Jindal M, Jaggi AS, Singh N, Chopra D. Preparation and Characterization of
Chitosan Nanoparticles as a Carrier to Evaluate Anti-inflammatory Potential of Dapsone
in Streptozotocin Induced Experimental. Dementia. Second Winter School on
Nanotechnology in Advanced Drug Delivery, held at NIPER, Mohali, on 24-28
9. Sharma R, Kumar A, Sardana S, Chopra D. Celecoxib embedded lipid nano-constructs
for the management of osteoarthritis, 61st Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, held at
Ahmedabad, 11-13 December, 2009.
10. Bhatia A, Sharad P, Chopra D. Immunorestoratory efficacy of Ziziphus mauritiana leaf
extract loaded chitosan nanoparticles in immune suppressed mice, International
Conference on Biotechnology and Food Science, held at Banglore, 9-10 February,
11. Chopra D. General Awareness on Breast Cancer and Cervical Cancer, International
conference on women and development: Issues & Initiatives held at Punjabi
University, Patiala, 26-27 March, 2010.
12. Chopra D. Women’s Health in India, International conference on women and
development: Issues & Initiatives held at Punjabi University, Patiala, 11-12, February,
13. Bhatia A, Mishra T, Sharad P, Chopra D. Alternative immunotherapeutic agents and
amelioration of their potency through nanoparticle delivery, National conference on
medical biotechnology, held at Maharashi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana, 16-
18 April, 2010.
1. BOOK CHAPTER: RADIOLABELLED NANOPARTICLES FOR TREATMENT OF
CANCER. PUBLISHED BY INTECH OPEN ACCESS PUBLISHER CROATIA, IN
THE BOOK TITLED "RADIOISOTOPES- APPLICATIONS IN BIO-MEDICAL
SCIENCE”, EDITED BY NIRMAL SINGH, ISBN 978-953-307-748-2. P No.225-248.
2011 (available online http://www.intechopen.com/articles/show/title/radiolabellednanopart...
2. Member, Departmental Research Committee, Departmental Maintenance Committee,
Department of Pharmaceutical sciences & Drug Research, Punjabi University, Patiala
Drug Discovery Today, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, Drug Delivery (Elesiver
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
Punjabi University, Patiala
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org