My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
Currently, I am engaged in working on therapeutic applications of novel nutraceuticals and their nanoformulations and nanocellulose crystals in cancer therapy, prevention of malaria and anaplasmosis. Our research is primarily focused on host immune responses and application of biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles in vivo targeted delivery, the pathways of cellular uptake of nanoparticles and sorting mechanisms in different cellular compartments.
Currently, we are working on the three different projects involving nutraceuticals of therapeutic importance against infectious agents and lifestyle diseases, breast cancer and cosmeceuticals.
• Lakshminarayana, T S and Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Development and evaluation of inulin-loaded ethyl cellulose nanoparticles as oral prebiotic supplement for selective eubiosis. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences 8( 1): (P) 85 – 92. Impact Factor: 5.121
• Lakshminarayana, T S, Basavaraj Madhusudhan, Prakash K B and Prahlad C Ghosh. Development and In vitro Evaluation of Oxytetracycline-loaded PMMA Nanoparticles for oral delivery against Anaplasmosis. IET Nanobiotechnology (DOI: 10.1049/iet-nbt.2016.0061 , Online ISSN 1751-875X Available online: 15 November 2016). Impact Factor: 1.5.
• Varuna Kumara J B, Sistla Ramakrishna3 and Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Preparation and characterization of atorvastatin and curcumin-loaded chitosan nanoformulations for oral delivery in atherosclerosis. IET Nanobiotechnology (DOI: 10.1049/iet-nbt.2016.0062, Online ISSN 1751-875X Available online: 15 November 2016). Impact Factor: 1.5
• Varunakumara J.B and Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Evaluation of Surfactants-assisted Folic acid-loaded Pectin Submicrospheres: Characterization and Haemocompatibility Assay. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, 31(4) (2016)390–401. H Index: 20.
• Varunakumara J.B and Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Formulation and evaluation of atorvastatin calcium loaded chitosan nanoparticles. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences, 6(3) (2015) 50-58. Impact Factor: 5.121.
• M. H. Adarsha, Vimal M. Ramani, and Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Development of Fluorophore Labeled Anti-aflatoxin Antibodies Coated SPIONs for Detection of Aflatoxin B1. Journal of Bionanoscience 9 (2015) 94-101. Impact Factor: 1.30.
• Varunakumara J.B and Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Synthesis, characterization and haemocompatibility evaluation of Curcumin encapsulated chitosan nanoparticles for oral delivery. International Journal of Advanced Research 3(4) (2015) 604-611. Impact Factor: 4.588.
• Manimikki H. Adarsha, Vimal M Ramani and Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Food-borne aflatoxin could be effectively controlled by novel essential oil fraction of Citrus senensis peel origin. International Journal of Life Sciences Biotechnology and Pharma Research 4(2) (2015) 71 -78. Impact Factor: 0.588.
• Jayarama Naik, N.,Vanita S. Bhat, Abhilash, V., and Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Changes in Biochemical Constituents and Histological Alterations Induced by Dietary Flaxseed and Garden Cress Seed on Muscle and Liver of the Common Carp (Cyprinus carpio): A Comparative study. Asian Fisheries Science Journal 2(6) (2015) 170-174.
• Mithila B.S., Ravikumara N.R, and Madhusudhan. Preparation, characterization and toxicity evaluation of monodisperse oxytetracycline-loaded poly hydoxyethylmethacrylate) nanoparticles for oral therapy. Journal of Bionanoscience 7 (2013)1-12, H Index: 2.
• Ravikumara N.R, Waree Tiyaboonchai and Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Fabrication and Characterization of Genistein Encapsulated Poly (D, L) Lactic acid Nanoparticles for Pharmaceutical Application. Current Nanoscience 9(2) (2013) 293 –302. Impact Factor: 1.776
• Aditya NP, Chimote G, Gunalan K, Banerjee R, Patankar S, Madhusudhan B. Curcuminoids-loaded liposomes in combination with arteether protects against Plasmodium berghei infection in mice. Experimental Parasitology 131(3) (2012) 292-9. Impact Factor: 2.122
• Ravikumara N.R, Waree Tiyaboonchai and Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Phytoestrogen (Daidzein) Loaded PLA nanoparticle preparation process, optimization method for encapsulation. Journal of Nanotechnology in Engineering and Medicine (accepted, 2012), H Index: 4.
• Ravikumara N.R, and Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Chitosan nanoparticles for tamoxifen delivery and cytotoxicity to MCF 7 and vero cells. Pure Appl. Chem 83 (2011) 2027-2040. Impact Factor: 3.386
• Ravikumara N.R and Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Evaluation of Anticancer Efficacy of Daidzein-Loaded Poly (D, L) Lactic acid nanoparticles. Journal of Bionanoscience 5(2) (2011) 122-129. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1166/jbns.2011.1061 H Index: 2.
• J. Rajesha, A. Ranga Rao, B. Madhusudhan, G. A. Ravishankar and M. Karunakumar. Hematological and Histopathological studies of endosperm-rich fraction of flaxseed in chicks. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 2(6) (2011) 145-1459. Impact Factor: 1.79.
• Aditya, P. Nayak, Waree Tiyaboonchai, Swati Patankar, Basavaraj Madhusudhan and Elian B. Souto. Curcuminoids-loaded lipid nanoparticles: Novel approach towards malaria treatment. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 81 (2010) 263–273. Impact Factor: 4.15
• N.P. Aditya, S. Patankar, B. Madhusudhan, R.S.R. Murthy, E.B. Souto. Arthemeter-loaded lipid nanoparticles produced by modified thin-film hydration: Pharmacokinetics, toxicological and in vivo anti-malarial activity. European Journal of Pharmaceutical sciences 40 (2010) 448–455. Impact Factor: 3.536
• Aditya, N.P., Swati Patankar., Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Assessment of combined antimalarial activity of isoniazide, rifampacin and ethambutol in P. berghei, in vivo. Parasitology Research 106(6) (2010) 1481–1484; Published Online DOI 10.1007/s00436-010-1789-y. 2010; ISSN: 0932-0113; Impact Factor: 2.149.
• J. Rajesha, A. Ranga Rao, B. Madhusudhan and M. Karunakumar. Antibacterial Properties of Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside Isolated from Indian Flaxseed Cultivars. Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy 4 (1) (2010) 551–560; ISSN 0973-8916. H Index: 3.
• Aditya, N.P, Swati Patankar, Basavaraj Madhusudhan. Assessment of Combined Antimalarial Activity of, Arteether and Primaquine against Plasmodium berghei, in vivo. Pharmocologyonline 1 (2009) 588–596; Impact Factor: 0.16.
• Aditya, N. P., Patankar, S. and Madhusudhan, B. Assessment of curcumin-primaquine combination therapy for malaria. Pharmacologyonline 3 (2009) 49–53; Impact Factor: 0.16.
• N.R. Ravikumar, Nagaraj, R. Gargi, H. Shobarani, B. Madhusudhan. Preparation and Evaluation of Nimesulide-loaded Ethylcellulose and Methylcellulose Nanoparticles and Microparticles for Oral Delivery. Journal of Biomaterials Applications 24 (2009) 47–64; ISSN: 0885-3282; Impact Factor: 2.197.
• P.Niranjana, K.P. Gopalakrishna Rao, D.V. Sudhakar Rao and B. Madhusudhan. Effect of controlled atmosphere storage (CAS) on Antioxidant Enzymes and DPPH- Radical scavenging activity of mango (Mangifera indica L.) cv. Alphonso. African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development 9 (2) (2009) 779–792; ISSN: 1684-5358 EISSN: 1684-5374. Impact Factor: Not Available
• B. Madhusudhan. Potential benefits of flaxseed in health and disease-A perspective. Agriculturae Conspectus Scientificus. 74(2) (2009) 67–72; ISSN: 1331-7768; EISSN 1331-7776. H Index: 5.
• J. Rajesh and B. Madhusudhan. An Approach to Determine the Content of SDG in Flaxseed Chutney Powder by RP-HPLC Method. The Bioscan 4(1) (2009) 89–92; ISSN 0973-7049. Impact Factor: Not Available
• P. Niranjana, K.P. Gopalakrishna Rao, D.V. Sudhakar Rao and B. Madhusudhan. Effect of pre-cooling and heat treatment on antioxidant enzymes profile of mango and banana. African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development. 9 (5) (2009)1210–1225; ISSN: 1331-7768; EISSN 1331-7776. Impact Factor: Not Available
• Rajesha J, Madhusudhan B, Mahadeva Swamy M, Jagannatha Rao R, Ravishankar GA, Rangarao A, Karunakumar M. Effects of flaxseed and spirulina biomass in layer diet on lipid profile and quality characteristics of egg yolk. Journal of Food Science and Technology 46(6) (2009) 509–514; ISSN 0950-5423. Impact Factor: 2.207
• J.Rajesha, MA Harisha Nayaka, Basavaraj Madhusudhan, MD Shylaja, GA Ravishankar, M Karuna Kumar Antioxidant potential of secoisolariciresinol diglycoside isolated from different fractions of flaxseeds. Seed Science and Biotechnology 2(2) (2008) 83–88; ISSN: 1752-3966. Impact Factor: Not Available
• Keshamma Entoori, Rohini Sreevathsa, Manoj Kumar Arthik, Polumetla Ananda Kumar, Amrita Raja Vinoda Kumar, Basavaraj Madhusudhan, Udayakumar Makarla¬. A chimeric cry1X gene imparts resistance to Spodoptera litura (Fabricus) and Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) in transgenic groundnut. Eurasian Journal of Biosciences 2(7) (2008)53–65; EISSN: 1307-9867. Impact Factor: Not Available
• E. Keshamma, Rohini Sreevasthsa, B. Madhusudhan, and T. G. Prasad Transformability in Field Bean (uidA::nptII) by Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated In Planta Strategy. Journal of Plant Biology 35(1) (2008) 31–37; ISSN: 1226-9239. Impact Factor: 1.208
• E. Keshamma, S. Rohini, K. S. Rao, B. Madhusudhan, and M. Udaya Kumar Tissue Culture-independent In Planta Transformation Strategy: an Agrobacterium tumefaciens-Mediated Gene Transfer Method to Overcome Recalcitrance in Cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). The Journal of Cotton Science 12(3) (2008) 264–272; ISSN: 1523-6919. EISSN: 1524-3303. H Index: 20.
• K.A. Faseehuddin Shakir and B. Madhusudhan. Effects of flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum) chutney powder on gamma-glutamyl transpepsidase and micronuclei profile in azoxymethane treated rats. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry 22 (2) (2007)129–131; ISSN: 0970-1915. H Index: 20.
• K.A. Faseehuddin Shakir and B. Madhusudhan. Hypocholesterolemic and hepatoprotective effects of flaxseed chutney: evidence from animal studies. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry 22 (1) (2007)117–121; ISSN: 0970-1915. H Index: 20.
• J. Rajesha, Murthy KN, Ravishankar GA, Kumar MK and B. Madhusudhan. Antibacterial potentials of flaxseed by in vivo model. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 54 (11) (2006) 3794–99; ISSN: 0021-8561; EISSN: 1520-5118; Impact Factor: 2.912.
• P. D. Sarkar, T.M. Shivaprakash and B. Madhusudhan. Association between paraoxonase activity and lipid levels in patients with premature coronary artery disease. Clin Chim Acta. 373 (1 –2) (2006) 77–81; ISSN: 0009-8981; Impact Factor: 2.824.
• T.M. Shivaprakash, P.D. Sarkar, N. Ramprasad and B. Madhusudhan. Is beedi smoke extract inhibits paraoxonase activity more strongly than cigarette smoke extract? Biomedical Research 16 (3) (2005)183–190; ISSN: 0970938X. Impact Factor: Not Available
• Gowdahalli K, Zhu J, Basavaraj M, Gowda DC. Plasmodium falciparum GPI induced signaling mechanism in the production of TNF-alpha by macrophages. The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 69 (3) September 2003; ISSN: 1475-2875; Impact factor: 2.74.
• B. Madhusudhan, D. Wiesenborn, J. Schwartz, K. Tostenson and J. Gillespie: A dry mechanical method for concentrating the lignan secoisolariciresinol diglycoside in flaxseed. Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft und- Technologie 33 (2000) 268–275; ISSN: 0023-6438; Impact Factor: 2.47.
• B. Madhusudhan, L. Botham, P Cairns and VJ Morris. The effect of Indian processing and cooking on the digestibility and colonic fermentation of carbohydrates. Nestle Report. Nestec Ltd., Vevey, Switzerland 1 (1) (1996) 1–6.
• B. Madhusudhan, and R.N. Tharanathan: Structural studies of linear and branched fractions of chickpea and finger millet starches. Carbohydrate Research 29 (1996) 101–109; ISSN: 0008-6215; Impact Factor: 2.386
• B. Madhusudhan and R.N. Tharanathan: Enzyme debranching studies on green gram (Phaseolus aureus) starch fractions. Carbohydrate Polymers 29 (1996) 41–44; ISSN: 0144-8617; Impact Factor: 4.074.
• B. Madhusudhan, L.R. Gowda and R.N. Tharanathan: Studies on sweet potatoes-III... Distribution of unit chains of branched and unbranched molecules of starch. Food Chemistry 57 (1996) 201–204; ISSN: 0308-8146; Impact Factor: 4.268.
• B. Madhusudhan, and R.N. Tharanathan: Legume and cereal starches. Why differences in digestibilities? Part-I. Isolation and composition of legume starches. Starch/Staerke 47 (1995) 165–171; ISSN: 0038-9056; Impact Factor 1.43
• B. Madhusudhan, and R.N. Tharanathan: Legume and cereal starches. Part-II. Isolation and characterization of starches from rice (O. sativa) and ragi (E. coracana) Carbohydrate Polymers 28 (1995) 153–158; ISSN: 0144-8617; Impact Factor: 4.074.
• B. Madhusudhan, N.S. Susheelamma and R.N. Tharanathan: Studies on sweet potatoes. Part-II. Isolation and characterization of starch. Starch/Staerke 45 (1993) 8–12; ISSN: 0038-9056; Impact Factor 1.43.
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
DR. BASAVARAJ MADHUSUDHAN Professor, Chairman, Dean of Faculty of Science & Technology Department of Studies in Biochemistry and Food Technology, Davangere University, Shivagangotri, DAVANAGERE –577 002, Karnataka Phone No: +91-8192-208040 (O) Mobile: +91-98805 48239
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org