My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
Surface Coating Technologies and Corrosion Protection
• Nano-structured thin film and coatings by Sol-Gel and sputtering techniques for water purification, optics, gas sensing application
• Nano-Composite coatings containing SiC, WC, AlN, TiO2….etc.
• Anti-corrosion protective and conversion coatings.
• Electrochemistry, electro-oxidation of methanol and fuel cell application
• Surface metallization of plastics, polymeric materials and printed circuit boards.
• Magnetic thin film and Diffusion Barrier layers for ULSI applications
1. A. Abdel Aal, H. A. Gobran, F. Muecklich, Electrodeposition of Ni-RuAl composite coating on Steel Surface, J. Alloys and Compounds 473 (2009) 250-254.
2. Z. Abdel Hamid, A. Abdel Aal, New Environmentally friendly Alkaline Electrolyte for Copper Electroplating, J. Surface&Coatings Technology, 203 (2009) 1360-1365.
3. A. Abdel Aal, More Value from Nickel: thermal deposition enhances plating adhesion to aluminum, European Coatings J., 2(2009) 24-27.
4. A. Abdel Aal, S.M. El-Sheikh, Y.M.Z. Ahmed, Electrodeposited Composite Coating of Ni -W-P with Nano-sized Rods and Spherical SiC Particles, Materials Research Bulletin, 44 (2009) 151-159.
5. A. Abdel Aal, M. Shehata Aly, Electroless Ni-Cu-P Plating onto Open Cell Stainless Steel Foam, Applied surface science, available online , 2009.
6. A. Abdel Aal, Sawsan A. Mahmoud, and Ahmed K. Aboul-Gheit, Sol-gel and thermally evaporated Nanostructured Thin ZnO films for Photocatalytic Degradation of Trichlorphenol, Nanoscale Research Letters, accepted, 2009.
7. A. Abdel Aal, A. Shaaban, Z. Abdel Hamid, Nanocrystalline Soft Ferromagnetic Ni-Co-P Thin Film on Al Alloy by Low Temperature Electroless Deposition, Applied Surface Science, 254 (2008) 1966–1971.
8. A. Abdel Aal, Protective Coating for Magnesium Alloy, J. Materials Science, 43 (2008) 2947-2954.
9. M. Abdel Aziz, T. S. Mahmoud, A. Abdel Aal, Modeling and Optimizing of Factors Affecting Erosion-Corrosion of AA6063-(TiC/Al2O3) Hybrid Composites by Experimental Design Method, J. Materials. Science Engineering A, 486 (2008) 313-320.
10. A. Abdel Aal, Hard and Corrosion Resistant nanocomposite Coatings for Al alloy, J. Materials Science Engineering A, 474 (2008) 181-187.
11. A. Abdel Aal, M. Barakat, R. Mohamed, Electrophoreted Zn-TiO2–ZnO Nanocomposite coating Films for Photocatalytic Degradation of 2-Chlorophenol, Applied Surface Science, 254 (2008) 4577–4583.
12. A. Abdel Aal, Multifunctional Nanocomposite Coatings for Extreme Applications, Review, Materials Science Research J., 2 (2008) 93-124.
13. Z. Abdel Hamid, A. Abdel Aal, P. Schmuki, Nanostructured Black Cobalt Solar Absorber Coatings, J. Surface and Interface Analysis 40 (2008)1493-1499.
14. A. Abdel Aal, Hanaa B. Hassan, M. A. Abdel Rahim, Nanostructured Ni-P-TiO2 Composite Coatings for Electrocatalytic Oxidation of Small Organic Molecule, J. Electroanalytical Chemistry, 619 (2008) 17-25.
15. A. Abdel Aal, H. Hassan, Z. Abdel Hamid, Synthesis and Characterization of Electroless Deposited Co-W-P Thin Films as Diffusion Barrier Layer, Surface & Coatings Technology, 202 (2008) 4591-4597.
16. A. Abdel Aal, H. A. Gobran, F. Muecklich, Advanced Composite Coating by Electrodeposition, J. Surface Engineering, in press, 2008.
17. A. Abdel Aal, H. A. Gobran, F. Muecklich, Electrodeposition of Ni-RuAl composite coating on Steel Surface, J. Alloys and Compounds, in press, available online, 2008.
18. A. Abdel Aal, Sawsan A. Mahmoud, and Ahmed K. Aboul-Gheit, Nanocrystalline ZnO Thin Film for Photocatalytic Purification of Water, J. Material Science Engineering C, in press, available online, 2008.
19. A. Elhag-Ali, A. Abdel Aal, Conductive Thin Film on Radiation Grafted Polymers, Polymers Advanced Technologies, available online, in press, 2008.
20. A. Abdel Aal, H. Hassan, Electrodeposited Nanocomposite Coatings for Fuel Cell Application, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, available online, in press, 2008.
21. Z. Abdel Hamid, A. Abdel Aal, New Environmentally friendly Alkaline Electrolyte for Copper Electroplating, J. Surface&Coatings Technology, accepted,2008.
22. A. Abdel Aal, Z. I. Zaki, Z. Abdel Hamid, Novel composite coatings containing (TiC-Al2O3) powder, J. Material Science Engineering A, 447 (2007) 87-94.
23. Z. Abdel Hamid, S.A. El Badry and A. Abdel Aal, Electroless deposition and characterization of Ni–P–WC composite alloys, Surface & Coatings Technology, 201 (2007) 5948-5953.
24. M. T. Abu-El-Khair, A. Abdel Aal, Erosion-corrosion and surface protection of A356 Al/ZrO2 composites produced by vortex and squeeze casting, J. Materials Science Engineering A, 454–455 (2007) 156–163.
25. A. Abdel Aal, M. Rashad, G. Amin, Dielectric thin film from BaTiO3 Nanopowders, Journal of Physics, 61 (2007) 1–5.
26. A. Abdel Aal, V.V. Khutoryanskiy, Z.S. Nurkeeva, G.A. Mun, Optimization of Electroless Copper Plating on Polyethylene Films Modified by Surface Grafting of Vinyl Ether of Monoethanolamine, Eurasian Chemico-Technological J., 9 (2007) 63-69.
27. A. Abdel Aal, Development of Ni Coatings by TiN interlayer, J. Material Physics Chemistry, 106 (2007) 317-322.
28. A. Abdel Aal, Research on Advanced Materials and Processes, Editorial of Eurasian Chemico-Technological Journal, special issue on “Materials and Surface Science” edited by A. Abdel Aal, 9 (2007) I-III.
29. A. Abdel Aal, Khaled M. Ibrahim, Z. Abdel Hamid, Enhancement Wear Resistance of Ductile Cast Iron by Ni-SiC Composite Coating, Wear, 260 (2006) 1070-1075.
30. A. Abdel Aal, M. Bahgat, M. Radwan, Nanostructured Ni-AlN composite coatings, Surface and Coatings Technology, 201 (2006) 2910-2918.
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnik und Automatisierung IPA
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
The invertion of 10G optical transceiver has greatly increase the networking speed, for the science behind the transceiver, please check website and learn about CWDM SFP transceiver, www.fiberoptictransceiver.net
The XFP (10 Gigabit Small Form Factor Pluggable) is a standard for transceivers for high-speed computer network and telecommunication links that use optical fiber.please visit www.xfptransceiver.com for more info