My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
My principal research interest is in the areas related to the preparation of novel Photocatalytic materials, Water Photosplitting, Electrospinning, Bioactive Nanomaterials, and Nanofibers & Nanostructured-Scaffolds etc.
TISSUE ENGINEERING. photocatalysis, nanofiber for wound dressing
1. Afeesh R. Unnithan, Nasser A.M. Barakat, M.F. Abadir, Ayman Yousef, Hak Yong Kim, Novel CdPdS/PVAc core–shell nanofibers as an effective photocatalyst for organic pollutants degradation, Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical (June 2012, accepted, in press).
2. R. Afeesh, Nasser A.M. Barakat, Salem S. Al-Deyab, Ayman Yousef, Hak Yong Kim, Nematic shaped cadmium sulfide doped electrospun nanofiber mat: Highly efficient, reusable, solar light photocatalyst, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 409 (2012) 21– 29.
3. Afeesh R. Unnithan, Nasser A.M. Barakat, R. Nirmala, Salem S. Al-Deyab, Hak Yong Kim, Novel electrospun nanofiber mats as effective catalysts for water Photosplitting, Ceramics International 38 (2012) 5175–5180.
4. Afeesh R. Unnithan, Nasser A.M. Barakat, P.B. Tirupathi Pichiah, Gopalsamy Gnanasekaran, R. Nirmala, Youn-Soo Cha, Che-Hun Jung, Mohamed El-Newehy, Hak Yong Kim, Wound-dressing materials with antibacterial activity from electrospun polyurethane–dextran nanofiber mats containing ciprofloxacin HCl, Carbohydrate Polymers 90 (2012) 1786– 1793.
5. Afeesh R Unnithan ; P.B. Tirupathi Pichiah ; Gopalsamy Gnanasekaran; Kalaiselvi Seenivasan; Nasser Barakat; Youn-Soo Cha ; Che-Hun Jung ; Achiraman Shanmugam; Mohamed El-Newehy; Hak Yong Kim., Emu oil-Based Electrospun Nanofibrous Scaffolds for Wound Skin Tissue Engineering, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects (in press)
6. Panthi, Gopal; Barakat, Nasser A.M.; Unnithan, Afeesh R.; Al-Deyab, Salem S.; Pant, Bishweshwar; Nam, Ki Taek; Kim, Hak Yong, Influence of Gelatin on the Wettability and Mechanical Properties of Nylon-6 Electrospun Nanofibers: Novel Mats for Biomedical Applications, Journal of Nanoengineering and Nanomanufacturing, Volume 2, Number 3, September 2012 , pp. 286-290(5).
7. Panthi, Gopal; Barakat, Nasser A.M.; Unnithan, Afeesh R.; Al-Deyab, Kim, Hak Yong., PANI-PVAc electrospun nanofiber mats as novel organic semiconductor material, Science of Advanced materials (2012 accepted).
8. R. Nirmala, Hak Yong Kim , R. Navamathavan, Chaun Yi, Jeong Jin Won, Kyungsoo Jeon, Ayman Yousef, R. Afeesh, Mohamed El-Newehy, Photocatalytic activities of electrospun tin oxide doped titanium dioxide nanofibers. Ceramics International 38 (2012) 4533–4540
9. Ayman Yousef, Nasser A.M. Barakat, Touseef Amna, Afeesh R. Unnithan, Salem S. Al-Deyab, Hak Yong Kim, Influence of CdO-doping on the photoluminescence properties of ZnO nanofibers: Effective visible light photocatalyst for waste water treatment, Journal of Luminescence 132 (2012) 1668–1677.
10. Palanivel Sathishkumar, Jong-Chan Chae, Afeesh R. Unnithan, Thayumanavan Palvannan, Hak Yong Kim, Kui-Jae Lee, Min Cho, Seralathan Kamala-Kannan, Byung-Taek Oh, Laccase-poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) nanofiber: Highly stable, reusable and efficacious for the transformation of diclofenac, Enzyme and Microbial Technology 51 (2012) 113– 118.
11. Ayman Yousef, Nasser A.M. Barakat, Khalil Abdelrazek Khalil, Afeesh R. Unnithan, Gopal Panthi, Bishweshwar Pant, Hak Yong Kim, Photocatalytic release of hydrogen from ammonia borane-complex using Ni(0)-doped TiO2/C electrospun nanofibers, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 410 (2012) 59– 65.
12. R. Nirmala, R. Navamathavan, Jeong Jin Won, Kyungsoo Jeon, R. Afeesh, Hak Yong Kim, Electrical characterization of nylon-6 composite nanofibers, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids 73 (2012) 1326–1330.
13. Sreerekha Raman Perumcherry, Krishna Prasad Chennazhi, Shantikumar V. Nair, Deepthy Menon and Rajan Afeesh, A Novel Method for the Fabrication of Fibrin-Based Electrospun Nanofibrous Scaffold for Tissue-Engineering Applications, Tissue Engineering: Part C 17 (2011).
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
Chonbuk National University, South Korea
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
We would like to inform you about the new updates concerning the Nanotechnology international conference: ICNBS Egypt 2012 1- The conference venue has been determined: the conference will be held in Cataract pyramids 5 stars hotel in Giza in great Cairo, Egypt. Cataract Pyramids Resort has unique location, beautiful panorama of the great Pyramids, surrounded with farms and green grace peaceful. The resort, 5 star international standard hotel, is located on the road to Sakkara towards the oldest made structure - The step Pyramids of Sakkara, and less than 40 minutes from Cairo International airport.
Shuttle Buses will be available for Egyptian attendees for Free to transport them from Cairo University main door to the Hotel at the beginning of the conference days and back again to Cairo University at the end of the days.
Our conference guests and attendees will all enjoy the breakfast in the beautiful garden in fresh air and the great open buffet lunch in one of the greatest restaurants in the Hotel every day during the conference days.
For any one who would like to book accommodation in the hotel can book through us or contact directly the hotel.
Single room for foreigner/day costs 34$ including service and tax Single room for egyptian/ day costs 200 EP including service and tax For more information about the venue, please visit the hotel website: http://www.cataracthotels.com/pyramid/index.htm
2- Some of our speakers and poster presenters have been published in the conference website and more speakers and poster presenters will be published later on. The conference website is: www.ises-nakaa-conf.webs.com
3-If you are interested to share your abstract in the conference, you can still send your abstract till 15 December 2011 in word or pdf format
4- You can download and fill the conference registration form and send it back to us and pay the conference fees before 31 December 2011 for attendees
5- For Foreign PhD students and Master students, we present 10 partial scholarships on both poster and oral presentations where registration fees will be discounted by 40% so those who will present oral presentation will pay only 285 USD instead of 475 USD and poster presenters will pay 255 USD. This is will be applied for those who will sent their abstracts from today till 15 December 2011 only on basis of first received first takes the scholarship
Nakaa Nanotechnology Network NNN would like to invite you to be members in its International Network for free. Please visit our website www.nakaanetwork.webs.com and register yourself as a member using : Your true full triple name your country your category a suitable profile picture. we hope you will enjoy your free membership.
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at email@example.com