My research field or area of interest innanotechnology
Controlled Drug Delivery, Antimicrobial Metal Nanoparticles, Biodegradable Polymer Nanocomposites, MW-CNT Conducting polymer composites.
Metal Nanoparticles for antimicrobial applications, Tissue engineering scaffolds, Biodegradable polymers from agricultural feedstocks
1. Rajashree Nanda, Abhisek Sasmal, P.L. Nayak. Preparation and characterization of chitosan–polylactide composites blended with Cloisite 30B for control release of the anticancer drug paclitaxel. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2010. doi:10.1016/j.carbpol.2010.09.009
2. Abhisek Sasmal, P.L.Nayak, S. Sasmal, T. K. Dangar. Preparation and characterization of polymer-stabilized silver nanoparticles for antibacterial applications. ORYZA. 2010.47.
3. Sarmila Sahoo, Debasish Sahoo, Abhisek Sasmal, Padmalochan Nayak. Synthesis and Characterization of Chitosan-Polycaprolactone Blended with Organoclay for Control Release of Doxycycline. Journal of Applied Polymer Science. 2010. 118(6), 3167-3175.
4. MatruPrasadDash, Minaketan Tripathy, Abhisek Sasmal G.C. Mohanty and P.L.Nayak. Spectral, Morphological and electrical properties of aniline substituted conducting polymer/MWCNT-composites. Journal of Material Science. 2010. 45(15), 3858-3865.
5. Sarmila Sahoo, Abhisek Sasmal, Rajashree Nanda, A.R. Phani, P.L. Nayak. Synthesis of chitosan–polycaprolactone blends for control delivery of ofloxacin drug. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2010.79(1), 106-113.
6. Abhisek Sasmal, Preetishree Nayak P.L. Nayak and B. C. Guru. Spectral, Thermal, Mechanical, Morphological and Biodegradable Properties of Eco-Friendly Green Plastics of Soy Protein Modified with Thiourea. (Communicated to International Journal of Plastics Technology, 2009).
7. Abhisek Sasmal, Preetishree Nayak, Rajashree Nanda, P.L.Nayak, S. Sasmal,
Young-Wook Chang, Shin Choon Kang, Joon-Yong Yoon, Nanocomposites from soy protein isolate crosslinked with furfural for controlled release of cefadroxil. International Journal of Plastics Technology. 2009. 13(1), 8-21.
8. Abhisek Sasmal, S.M. Biswal, Debasish Sahoo, Padma L. Nayak, Joy K. Mishra, Young-Wook Chang. Biodegradable Nanocomposites from Maleated Polycaprolactone (PCL) /Soy Protein Isolate (SPI) Blend with Organoclay: Preparation, Characterization and Properties. Polymer Composites. 2009.30(6), 708-714.
9. Abhisek Sasmal, P.L.Nayak, S. Sasmal. Degradability studies of green
nanocomposites derived from soy protein isolate (SPI)- Furfural modified with
organoclay. Polymer Plastics Technology & Engineering, 2009, 48(9), 905 – 909.
10. Abhisek Sasmal, P. K. Nanda, Preetishree Nayak, P. L. Nayak, Joy K. Mishra , Jeong Won Lee , Young-Wook Chang. Nanocomposites from Polycaprolactone (PCL) /Soy Protein Isolate (SPI) Blend with Organoclay. Polymer Plastics Technology & Engineering, 47, 600-605, 2008.
11. P.L Nayak, Abhisek Sasmal, Preetishree Nayak, P.K. Nanda, J. Kim, Young-Wook Chang, Preparation and Characterization of Edible Films Based on Soy Protein Isolate-Fatty Acid Blends. Polymer Plastics Technology & Engineering, 47, 1-7, 2008.
1. Abhisek Sasmal, Jugal K. Das, P. L. Nayak, S. Sasmal, T.K. Dangar. 2010. Synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles and chitosan membrane containing silver nanoparticles for potential fungicidal applications. International Conference on “Advancements in Polymeric Materials”. Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology, Bhubaneswar, India from February 20-22.
2. A. Sasmal*, P.L.Nayak and S. Sasmal. 2009. Novelty of Controlled Drug Delivery Systems and their Kinetics. National Seminar on “Nanotechnology and its Applications”. Synergy Institute of Engineering & Technology, Dhenkanal, India from July 17-18.
3. Abhisek Sasmal*, P. L. Nayak, S. Sasmal, 2009. Nanocomposites from soy protein isolate crosslinked with furfural for controlled release of cefadroxil. MACRO-2009. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Chennai, India from February 11-13.
4. Abhisek Sasmal*, Rajashree Nanda, P.L.Nayak, S. Sasmal, T. K. Dangar. 2009. Preparation and characterization of polymer-stabilized silver nanoparticles for antibacterial applications. International Conference on High-Tech Materials (ICHTM ’09). Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India from February 11-13.
5. A. Sasmal*, D. Sahoo, P. L. Nayak & S. Sasmal. 2008. Design and Development of Chitosan from prawn shells for Controlled Pesticide Delivery. National Conference on “Pest Management Strategies for Food Security”. Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur, India from May 2-3.
6. A. Sasmal*, P. L. Nayak & S. Sasmal. 2007. Development of Biodegradable, Eco-friendly Polymer-Pesticide blends for Controlled Pesticide Delivery. National Conference on “Recent trends in Rice Pest Management”. Central Rice Research Institute, Cuttack, India from December 8-9.
7. A. Sasmal, Debasish Sahoo*, Sarmila Sahoo & P. L. Nayak. 2007. Antimicrobial effects of Silver Nanoparticles in Agriculture. National Conference on “Recent trends in Rice Pest Management”. Central Rice Research Institute, Cuttack, India from December 8-9.
8. A. Sasmal* and P. L. Nayak. 2007. Preparation and Characterization of ecofriendly, biodegradable PLA-Antibiotics blend for Drug Release. 10th International Conference on Advanced Materials (IUMRS-ICAM 2007), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India from October 8-13.
9. A. Sasmal, Debasish Sahoo* & P. L. Nayak. 2007. Synthesis and Characterization of Nanocomposites from Polycaprolactone (PCL)/Soy Protein Isolate (SPI) for Biomedical Applications. 10th International Conference on Advanced Materials (IUMRS-ICAM 2007), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India from October 8-13.
10. A. Sasmal* 2007. Converting Agricultural Waste into Biodegradable Polymers. State Level Seminar on Solid Waste Management 2007, Vigyan O’ Paribesh Vikash Samiti, Cuttack, Orissa, India on April 08
11. A. Sasmal* and P. L. Nayak, 2007. Preparation and Characterization of Eco-friendly, Biodegradable PLA-Gentamicin blends for Drug Release. International Conference on Nanomedicine-2007, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India from February 22-23.
Researchgroup, Institute, University, School, Company name
Institute of Nanobiotechnology
Researchgroup, Institute, Company, University, School webpage
We would like to inform you about the new updates concerning the Nanotechnology international conference: ICNBS Egypt 2012 1- The conference venue has been determined: the conference will be held in Cataract pyramids 5 stars hotel in Giza in great Cairo, Egypt. Cataract Pyramids Resort has unique location, beautiful panorama of the great Pyramids, surrounded with farms and green grace peaceful. The resort, 5 star international standard hotel, is located on the road to Sakkara towards the oldest made structure - The step Pyramids of Sakkara, and less than 40 minutes from Cairo International airport.
Shuttle Buses will be available for Egyptian attendees for Free to transport them from Cairo University main door to the Hotel at the beginning of the conference days and back again to Cairo University at the end of the days.
Our conference guests and attendees will all enjoy the breakfast in the beautiful garden in fresh air and the great open buffet lunch in one of the greatest restaurants in the Hotel every day during the conference days.
For any one who would like to book accommodation in the hotel can book through us or contact directly the hotel.
Single room for foreigner/day costs 34$ including service and tax Single room for egyptian/ day costs 200 EP including service and tax For more information about the venue, please visit the hotel website: http://www.cataracthotels.com/pyramid/index.htm
2- Some of our speakers and poster presenters have been published in the conference website and more speakers and poster presenters will be published later on. The conference website is: www.ises-nakaa-conf.webs.com
3-If you are interested to share your abstract in the conference, you can still send your abstract till 15 December 2011 in word or pdf format
4- You can download and fill the conference registration form and send it back to us and pay the conference fees before 31 December 2011 for attendees
5- For Foreign PhD students and Master students, we present 10 partial scholarships on both poster and oral presentations where registration fees will be discounted by 40% so those who will present oral presentation will pay only 285 USD instead of 475 USD and poster presenters will pay 255 USD. This is will be applied for those who will sent their abstracts from today till 15 December 2011 only on basis of first received first takes the scholarship
Nakaa Nanotechnology Network NNN would like to invite you to be members in its International Network for free. Please visit our website www.nakaanetwork.webs.com and register yourself as a member using : Your true full triple name your country your category a suitable profile picture. we hope you will enjoy your free membership.
Welcome! Nanopaprika was cooked up by Hungarian chemistry PhD student in 2007. The main idea was to create something more personal than the other nano networks already on the Internet. Community is open to everyone from post-doctorial researchers and professors to students everywhere.
There is only one important assumption: you have to be interested in nano!
Nanopaprika is always looking for new partners, if you have any idea, contact me at email@example.com